Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Expired or Upgraded?

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
8 years 1 month ago #285682 by cjmicro
Expired or Upgraded? was created by cjmicro
I am confused, can you please explain how it works...

someone has a 1 year membership which expires. They decide to get a 3 year membership later. technically their 1 year membership IS expired, but I don't want them to show up on "expired" reports because it is misleading.

If they "upgraded" shouldn't it show as a U? even if it was expired?

I'm trying to get a report for client of members that EXPIRED (NO valid subscription) and it still brings up people who have expired but have gotten a different membership later, which is misleading and causes problems when they are included on an "expired" mailing.

Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired or Upgraded?
When a subscription becomes expired it is marked expired. If a user has not expired and they upgrade to another plan it's marked upgraded. It will not mark as upgraded if they already expired before upgrading. There's no filter for displaying a list of users that have an expired plan, but no active plans. Only way I can think of to do that is maybe an advanced filter on a frontend userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
8 years 1 month ago #285706 by cjmicro
Replied by cjmicro on topic Expired or Upgraded?
Ok thanks i understand, but it's not great, because if someone's plan expired and they started a new one they still show up when we search for expired subscriptions. Perhaps the system can check that somehow and change status to U or a new status like "REPLACED" or something?

I have a frontend user list using jx tools that displays a view, but again if they have an "x" in any of their subscription status it will show, even if they have an active as well.

I wish there were better reports available. Is there some kind of "view" that you are working on?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 month ago #285708 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Expired or Upgraded?
The filter is directly interpreting what you select. You selected for any plan to be expired and that's exactly the results you get. It's best to check by active and not expired as then you get all users with at least 1 active plan. We've plans to extend the filtering further at some point, but I've no idea when. I don't know if there will ever be a "expired, but has no active" subscription filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
8 years 1 month ago #285711 by cjmicro
I understand why it's working that way, but how then can i accurately assess who has "expired" this way? The client wants to send emails to the "expired" members, but when they do it people get upset because they have renewed their membership. :-(

• cjmicro
  • cjmicro
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #285714 by cjmicro
I have (hopefully) solved this by creating a view in the database that joins the subscription records via userid, and checks if they have an active subscription OTHER than the expired subscription, then display the resulting view as a tools jx report for the client to view on the front end.

If anyone needs help with this I will be happy to share my SQL query to establish the view.

Thanks for the quick replies krileon.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by cjmicro.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon