Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Dynamic css

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317785 by activha
Dynamic css was created by activha
Hello

We would like to use jch-optimize reduce css size setting and are wondering whether you use dynamic css set by javascript throughout CB and its plugin.

We have to add these classes for the plugin to work correctly.

I mean out of .hide, .tool-tip or .hidden classes.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317790 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dynamic css
Yes, there are several CSS classes that get toggled off/on elements throughout CB and its plugins. Do not use that functionality in JCH Optimizer. You can't be too aggressive with your settings in it or it won't work well in a dynamic environment like CB. Below are the settings we're using.

Combine CSS and javascript files
Enable: Yes
Automatic Settings: Optimum
HTML minification level: Basic
Combined files delivery: Static css and javascript files
Use try-catch: Yes

Automatic Basic Settings
Combine CSS Files: Yes
Combine JavaScript Files: Yes
GZip JavaScript and CSS: Yes
Minify CSS: No
Minify javascript: No
Minify HTML: No

Automatic Exclude Settings
Include all extensions: Yes

Automatic Pro Settings
Replace @imports in CSS: No
Include PHP and external resource files: No
Include in-page CSS : Yes
Include in-page javascripts: No
Position javascript file at bottom of page: No
Load javascript asynchronously: No

Sprite Generator
Enable: No

Add Image Attributes

CDN/Cookieless Domain

Lazy Load Images
Enable: Yes
Force load images: Yes
Exclude these classes: cbantispamCaptchaImage

Optimize CSS Delivery

Using any other features will be up to you to configure and determine if they'll work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317800 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Dynamic css
Thanks for your share

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317860 by activha
Do you also use JotCache ?
If yes do you mind to share your settings for CB ? did you exclude some pages or views ?
For now we have excluded all of CB but maybe that it is possible to tweak it a little

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 6 months ago #317866 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Dynamic css
We don't use JotCache. The only caching we found necessary was reducing headers and lazy loading of images. Our remaining performance issues are all database query related, which is where you'll find most performance problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
4 years 6 months ago #317869 by activha
Exactly !
What do you suggest to optimize this ? moving to a DB server alone ? using AWS RDS ?
Adding memory ?
I must say that this may be of of your support scope, but it is difficult to optimize joomla regarding DB

Moderators: beatnantkrileon