Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs Mailer - are conditional counters reset when edited?

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
4 years 2 months ago #319960 by fdinkler
I have a mailer limited to 1 email per customer within a 30 day period.
When I edited the mailer to add a bcc: email address, it appears the limit was reset, and all customer received a notice the next run.
Is this a defect or an intentional design behavior?
Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319962 by krileon
There's no custom store function for mailers. That means it's not possible for it to clear already sent messages on save. What do you have the "Maximum messages per customer above is counted within last" parameter set to? That parameter lets you control the time range for it to consider if the user has been emailed or not. Example as follows.

Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited): 1
Maximum messages per customer above is counted within last: at all times

The above means only send the mailer once per customer and never again.

Maximum messages per customer above is counted within last: 1 year

The above means only allow sending the mailer once per customer per year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
4 years 2 months ago #319967 by fdinkler
Hey Kyle -
The mailer was configured as
Maximum messages per customer above is counted within last: 30 days

The mailer ran using cron Url to both process mailer rules into queue and then to process mail queue.
- Monday's run was the first run, and correctly sent 108 emails.
- Tuesday's run was correct - 0 emails sent.
- Late Tuesday, I edited the Miler to add a bcc: email address.
- When the mailer ran Wednesday, it repeated the Monday results. It should have been 0 emails based on the above settings.

My question was, did my editing on Tuesday reset the "within 30 day" counter?
Fred

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319968 by krileon
Based off your settings it should only email a user once per 30 days.

My question was, did my editing on Tuesday reset the "within 30 day" counter?

It shouldn't have, no. I don't see any code in the mailer to reset the sent mails on edit save. Are you able to confirm the same set of users was emailed within CBSubs Mailer > Sent Messages?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fdinkler
  • fdinkler
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #319969 by fdinkler
Yes, I can confirm that the entire 108 users were emailed again on Wednesday...
I manually ran the generation link again on Wednesday, resulted in 0 emails (which is the expected result)
Fred
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by fdinkler.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 2 months ago #319970 by krileon
Strange, I don't know what to suggest. Saving the mailer as far as I can tell doesn't reset the sent emails. Have let Beat know as I don't know where else to look to see what could be doing this. Best I can think of is possible issue with the date comparison check in the query.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon