Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tabs only in profile shown, not in the profile edit

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 1 day ago #321045 by ericmuc
Hi,
I want to hide some tabs of the profile in the profile edit, because I have ajax front editing enabled and want to show only core tabs in the profile edit.

I hide the tabs with cb conditional with menu id or choose usergroups "all" and select location with hide and profile edit.

That works, but I cannot save the profile edit anymore. Please see attached image.

Is there a solution for that behavior? Can I change something, so that I can save the profile with the hidden tabs?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

PS: I have old related posts to this topic, I try to find a way to don't have a huge amount of tabs in the profile edit (because it is not possible to have two edits: 1) core account data and 2) custom fields)
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 day ago by ericmuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 1 day ago #321050 by krileon
Ajax edit won't work unless the user has edit permissions for that field. If you hide the tab using CB Conditional they no longer have edit permissions for that fields. Your only option would be to hide the tab using CSS as there isn't an option for what you're wanting since even if tabs could have their profile edit turned off it by extension would have to turn off edit of a field.

PS: I have old related posts to this topic, I try to find a way to don't have a huge amount of tabs in the profile edit (because it is not possible to have two edits: 1) core account data and 2) custom fields)

Tabs are basically pages that don't require navigation. Splitting profile edit across multiple pages won't solve your problem, which is you've too many fields. You can even use CSS to make it look like a menu navigation. Example as follows.

We have no plans to add support for splitting profile up at this time. It maybe possible in a future release, but it's not a priority and can't guarantee it would be implemented. I however can make the above easier by adding a vertical option for profile edit tabbed layout.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8213

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericmuc

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago #321119 by ericmuc
Hi,
Code:
Your only option would be to hide the tab using CSS

OK, I have hide now some tabs. But if a new user, who has no values in required fields of the hidden tabsin the profile edit, he cannot save the profile.

So I have here no success.

Therefore I have to use the third party extension "Profile Pro for Community Builder". Here I can let the profile view unchanged (so it is shown CB originally) and in the profil edit I can add single tabs. That works well. So far.

What I am missing is the Simple Privacy Tab.

How can I add this tab to the profile edit? What tab id can I use?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago #321120 by krileon

OK, I have hide now some tabs. But if a new user, who has no values in required fields of the hidden tabsin the profile edit, he cannot save the profile.

Because allowing a user to skip filling out fields marked required does not make any sense to core CB code. You can use CB Conditional to show/hide tabs/fields conditionally to work around fields being only sometimes required.

How can I add this tab to the profile edit? What tab id can I use?

It's an automatically generated tab. I've no idea how CB Profile Pro works or what API it's using so it likely won't work with the simple privacy tab. It does not have a tab id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 11 months ago #321143 by ericmuc
Hi,

Thanks, I wrote you last week a pm, please check.

Do you have an idea to get a tab / page with all privacy settings as an overview without the simple privacy tab but with another solution?

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #321146 by krileon

Do you have an idea to get a tab / page with all privacy settings as an overview without the simple privacy tab but with another solution?

No not without significant work, the simple privacy tab is generated and inserted dynamically to profile edit. It can not be displayed anywhere else, can not be conditioned, etc..

If you still insist on doing this you can user privacy fields, which you'll have to create with the appropriate Asset parameter set to each one and set the original privacy controls for your fields to use the Hidden layout. This becomes significantly more complicated to setup though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon