Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile / user Following?

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321865 by ericmuc
Profile / user Following? was created by ericmuc
Hi,
Trying to add a profile follow function I tested some things and get already a badge with Followers and number into the profile. For groups I discovered a follow button. Is this available for profiles? What I have to do?
Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321866 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Profile / user Following?

ericmuc wrote: Hi,
Trying to add a profile follow function I tested some things and get already a badge with Followers and number into the profile. For groups I discovered a follow button. Is this available for profiles? What I have to do?
Thanks, best regards
Eric

SOLVED
Thanks, it is solved
Attachments:

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321868 by ericmuc
Hi,
Now I have a further question hereto:
1) list of profiles, which follows me
I have established now a user list who follows my own profile, with menu item and assets = profile
Here users, which follows my profile, are listed
2) list with profiles, I follow
I have changed 1) with many variables but I get no right result
Can you please give me an advice here?

Further question: is it somehow possible, that I cut the the follow connection to users, which follows me?

Thanks, best regards
Eric
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321878 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile / user Following?

1) list of profiles, which follows me
I have established now a user list who follows my own profile, with menu item and assets = profile
Here users, which follows my profile, are listed
2) list with profiles, I follow
I have changed 1) with many variables but I get no right result
Can you please give me an advice here?

You'll have to use an advanced filter for that. The below should work fine.

Users Following You
Code:
`id` IN ( SELECT `user_id` FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` WHERE `asset` = 'profile.[user_id]' )

Users You are Following
Code:
`id` IN ( SELECT REPLACE( `asset`, 'profile.', '' ) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` WHERE `user_id` = '[user_id]' )

Further question: is it somehow possible, that I cut the the follow connection to users, which follows me?

Don't understand what you're asking here. Please be more specific. You want to remove a connection when someone unfollows?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ericmuc
  • ericmuc
  • Add-ons
3 years 10 months ago #321898 by ericmuc
Hi,
Thanks, you mean I have to use user lists?

If I add here your codes for the advanced filter, I get the error code
Code:
SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1052 Column 'id' in IN/ALL/ANY subquery is ambiguous

I managed it to have shown followers with the activity module by using here the mode follow and under the follow tab I added in assets "profile".

So Follower I can see with this, but no users, I am following. Is this possible also with the activity module?

If not, please advice how to handle the user lists regarding the error code.

Thanks, best regards
Eric

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 10 months ago #321910 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile / user Following?

If I add here your codes for the advanced filter, I get the error code

Probably because you've assets being followed that aren't profile assets or have additional suffixes after the profile asset. Add to the where statement to try and be more strict. Example as follows.

Code:
`id` IN ( SELECT REPLACE( `asset`, 'profile.', '' ) FROM `#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_following` WHERE `user_id` = '[user_id]' AND `asset` LIKE 'profile.%' )

If you've any further issues adjust the SQL as needed. Please understand I am not here to provide custom coding assistance. I can only provide simple examples, which will not cover every usage on your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon