Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Many things broken after recent nightly update

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324879 by boyjahq
After updating several items from nightly update on 20 May, many parts of the site seem to be broken.

Here are some of things we have discovered so far:

Activity -> Comments: adding a comment and clicking the Post button causes a brief progress circle but nothing happens and comment does not post

Photo Gallery photos are no longer visible--It shows the title of the photo and a missing image icon. Clicking on the title opens the photo popup window (empty) for a second and then goes back to broken photo display.

Users are unable to upload photos in Photo Gallery--After choosing a photo they see a red line and then nothing happens

CBSubs Mailer -> Automation Settings
Clicking the cron jobs links opens a new blank page but does not show results of the job as it previously did. Just stays blank and does not process any emails.

Using Joomla 3.9.26 / PHP 7.4.15. We emptied all caches and ran all Community Builder: Tools and we have done our best to go through all parameters and settings for the things mentioned above, but cannot find any clues as to where problems are coming from.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by boyjahq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
3 years 5 months ago #324880 by beat
Which exact PHP version is your site running ?

I have temporarily removed last night CB and CBSubs nightlies from downloads for further investigation on the PHP 8.0-related fixes that were introduced with those releases.

You can get back to the previous nightlies by going to Plugins->Install and Upgrade, and in Install from Web tab:

- click "Refresh" button, then click the "Installed" grey buttons for CB (and CBSubs and CBSubs Mailer) to get back to the previous nightly.

We are sorry about that mishap, and will investigate, fix, re-test, and re-release once we are sure that those changes are not impacting PHP 7.x and PHP 8.0.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• beat
  • beat
3 years 5 months ago #324882 by beat
I just re-tested the CBSUbs automation mailer both with PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0 and it works displaying results.

Before down-upgrading CBSubs, can you enable Joomla site debug and see if any errors displayed ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• boyjahq
  • boyjahq
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #324884 by boyjahq
Using Joomla 3.9.26 / PHP 7.4.15

Debug revealed no errors. The cron job links open up in a new window (as always) but the window remains blank, without leaving a status message of the job as it usually does. And so far, no mails have been generated by clicking the cron links.

We also now notice that the messages and notifications icons on user profiles do the same as when trying to leave a comment on a profile: clicking them briefly makes a spinning circle but then nothing happens. They don't open to show the list of unread items.

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by boyjahq.

• cez
  • cez
3 years 5 months ago #324885 by cez
For analysis: after this update, the internal Captcha in CB AntiSpam also did not work - the image in code, question and math mode was not displayed. Only the speaker and refresh icons, and input field were visible.

Using Joomla 3.9.26 / PHP 7.4.16

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 5 months ago #324890 by krileon
We're aware. We're working on a fix as we speak. Should be out soon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon