Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs categories

• activha
  • activha
1 year 11 months ago #331286 by activha
CB Blogs categories was created by activha
Hello

I'd like to move from k2 mode to joomla mode with CB Blogs and have two questions :

1) it seems like only joomla subcategories are displayed for CB Blogs. 
I mean that I need to set a CB Blog main cat and only sub cats are displayed in settings for choice of the cat to write in, is it normal ?

2) User blogs page:
K2 has a way to display a user all items page, is it possible to do the same with CB Blogs ?
Can I  display CB Blogs tab with a layout that would display a user all blogs with title, image, intro text and read more for instance ?

My idea is to get rid of K2 to move to joomla only

thanks for your hints

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs categories

1) it seems like only joomla subcategories are displayed for CB Blogs. 
I mean that I need to set a CB Blog main cat and only sub cats are displayed in settings for choice of the cat to write in, is it normal ?

Yes, that's normal. The root category is just used to hold the blog categories.

2) User blogs page:
K2 has a way to display a user all items page, is it possible to do the same with CB Blogs ?
Can I  display CB Blogs tab with a layout that would display a user all blogs with title, image, intro text and read more for instance ?

The internal mode does not have such a view. As for the Joomla mode that's entirely up to Joomla as CB Blogs doesn't handle the blog rendering at all outside of the profile tab. So if you create a layout override and assign that layout to your category to display articles in that category however you're wanting then sure I suppose it could display like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
1 year 11 months ago #331335 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs categories
For a switch to joomla mode :

Could you implement a way to select several categories in the defaults tab ? I'd like to offer two categories on default but with no display in order to limit the users to these two categories

Also, is it possible to have the extra fields for content editing in the blog edition tab ? or even image fields ?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331337 by krileon

Could you implement a way to select several categories in the defaults tab ? I'd like to offer two categories on default but with no display in order to limit the users to these two categories

That tab is to just select the default values of those parameters when making a new blog. A blog can't be in 2 categories so no that can't be added. If you want to limit what categories they can use then you need to select a parent category under the Blogs tab. Example as follows.

Category Structure
Blogs
- Category 1
- Category 2

Model: Joomla
Category: Blogs

Now only Category 1 and Category 2 will be available to them.

Also, is it possible to have the extra fields for content editing in the blog edition tab ? or even image fields ?

No not unless you completely modify the plugin to add more fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
1 year 11 months ago #331339 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Blogs categories
Category Structure
Blogs
- Category 1
- Category 2
- Category 3
- Category 4

What I meant was just a multi select to be able to add only category 1 and 3 for instance. Is it doable ?
This would not change our categories structure but allow people to select category 1 or category 3

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 11 months ago #331341 by krileon

What I meant was just a multi select to be able to add only category 1 and 3 for instance. Is it doable ?

No.

This would not change our categories structure but allow people to select category 1 or category 3

Category ACL is respected so I guess you could set the view access level of categories 2 and 4 to something they can't access.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon