Skip to Content Skip to Menu

listtab w/ cb1.0.2 current status

• junkmail
  • junkmail
17 years 6 months ago #34143 by junkmail
listtab w/ cb1.0.2 current status was created by junkmail
I have grown confused after reading too many posts and I am having difficult in getting this plugin to work.

I believe that the installation should include:

1. Obtain the must recent copy of listtab-1.2 (rel 5615 03/08/2007 11:35 PM) from Sourceforge. The included listtab.php is dated 2/21/2007

2. Unzip in directory on server.

3. Edit listtab.xml to set version to 1.0.2 and to remove reference to unintall.listtab.php which does not exist.

4. Do install from server directory with CB plugin manager.

5. Set published and configure parameters as per the readme.

6. From reference at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,13/id,26414/#26414 :
A. Edit comprofiler.php as described.
B. Modify to use # instead of ? per www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,33460/#33460 .
C. Don't copy the files from listtab-51e58389e2ee753762d6e486e1c33e85.zip over the current ones. It is an older version (12/6/2006).

7. Per www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,31073/#31073 edit listtab.php to replace two instances of $tab->fields=array(); with $tab->fields=false;

8. Set up tabs and fields as per the readme.

With all of that, I still get only partial operation. For example on either the profile or update getEditTab screens, there is an extra instance of the field-inputs (cb_) following the 'New Name' button. The interaction of this extra field-set with the stored field-sets (##cb_) initial field-set (0cb_) and any 'New Name' field sets (new1cb_, ...) produces incorrect results on saveEditTab.

I am about to dig into this further but would first like to know:

1. Am I using the latest version or is there something more recent?
2. Is the procedure as I have outlined it above correct or have I gotten it mixed up?
3. Is the revised version noted in some recent posts going to come out soon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 6 months ago #34151 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:listtab w/ cb1.0.2 current status
First of all, most recent version can be found on my server. At hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/

There is something broken in that version as well. I will fix it when I have the time, but if you are in hurry and are capable of fixing it, it is probably better if you give it a try yourself.

junkmail wrote:

B. Modify to use # instead of ? per www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,33460/#33460 .

This is not a bug and it should not be fixed. The reason is that the string with ? needs to match value #__comprofiler. However, if you use this value, it will be resolved to jos_comprofiler or something similar by Joomla and the query returns nothing.

You can try to use this version instead. It is from a site which is currently testing and going to production hopefully in two weeks. There is an issue with using it on registration form, but other than that, it works for this particular site.

Please let me know if this works for you, and I will change this version to the forge.

mikko

Attachment listtab_1_2-e8530aa708a14b4a01efceb857ded690.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/03/22 21:44
Attachments:

• junkmail
  • junkmail
17 years 6 months ago #34241 by junkmail
Replied by junkmail on topic Re:listtab w/ cb1.0.2 current status
Thanks for replying

mikko wrote:

First of all, most recent version can be found on my server. At hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/

Each time I have visitedhttp://hondchan.dy.fi I have clicked on the 'download' link in the text. I didn't know that hondchan.dy.fi/downloads/ existed.

There is something broken in that version as well. I will fix it when I have the time, but if you are in hurry and are capable of fixing it, it is probably better if you give it a try yourself.

Yes, I couldn't get it to work.

junkmail wrote:

This is not a bug and it should not be fixed. The reason is that the string with ? needs to match value #__comprofiler. However, if you use this value, it will be resolved to jos_comprofiler or something similar by Joomla and the query returns nothing.

OK, I understand.

You can try to use this version instead. It is from a site which is currently testing and going to production hopefully in two weeks. There is an issue with using it on registration form, but other than that, it works for this particular site.

I have started to look at this one. Had to clean up listtab.xml and edit _getHeader() and checkForConfigUpdates() in a few places to get it to work.

Please let me know if this works for you, and I will change this version to the forge.

Don't know whether this is better or worse than the forge version as it seemed to have more problems. I'll know more once I figure out the problem with the extra field-set after the "New Name" button and before the "Update" "Cancel" buttons.

• junkmail
  • junkmail
17 years 6 months ago #34267 by junkmail
1. I think that the version labeled listtab_1_2-e8530aa708a14b4a01efceb857ded690.zip is probably best. To be sure I loaded the SourceForge version on a CB-1.0.0 test bed and worked with it a bit before concluding that it had the same problems with 1.0.0 that I observed with 1.0.2.

2. I am going to continue on with listtab_1_2-e8530aa708a14b4a01efceb857ded690.zip and CB-1.0.2.

3. I think I understand the extra field-set problem now so I will try to describe it:

With no stored records, the user is presented with two field-sets, one before and one after the "New Name" button.

A. Using the first (tagged with 0cb_) produces no stored result.

B. Using the second (tagged with cb_) stores a record in the #__comprofiler table. It then always displays as a table.

C. Entering any number of field-sets created with the "New Name" button (tagged with new1cb_, ...) stores correctly in the #__comprofiler_listtab_## table and then displays in list format (if set).

D. On subsequent edits, where there are now 1 or more records stored in #__comprofiler_listtab_##, the problem noted in A) doesn't exist as populated field-sets (tagged with ##cb_, ...) operate as expected.

So it looks as if comprofiler is allowing listtab to prompt for data entry in whatever manner it wants but then tacks on a field-set as if listtab wasn't there.

While this can be gotten around when you know what is happening (by ignoring the final field-set) it will probably cause a great deal of confusion to users.

Hopefully there will be a way to prevent comprofiler from adding its own field-set.

• junkmail
  • junkmail
17 years 6 months ago #34384 by junkmail
Here is a modified listtab based on listtab_1_2-e8530aa708a14b4a01efceb857ded690 that works with CB 1.0.2. It includes a zip file that should install from a local computer and diff files for both listtab.php and listtab.xml. The changes are listed in Changes.txt.

It is not perfect by any means but it solves the problem of the extra field-set inputs (setting 'Alter core tables' to yes) and works for both registration and update profile.

I also added an Enable/Disable Registration parameter as it looked like this was intended and the individual field registration attributes don't work.

Still have to look at why Delete is not working.

Edit: attached file in the other post. :unsure:

Post edited by: junkmail, at: 2007/03/26 07:37

• junkmail
  • junkmail
17 years 6 months ago #34385 by junkmail
Here is a modified listtab based on listtab_1_2-e8530aa708a14b4a01efceb857ded690 that works with CB 1.0.2. It includes a zip file that should install from a local computer and diff files for both listtab.php and listtab.xml. The changes are listed in Changes.txt.

It is not perfect by any means but it solves the problem of the extra field-set inputs (setting 'Alter core tables' to yes) and works for both registration and update profile.

I also added an Enable/Disable Registration parameter as it looked like this was intended and the individual field registration attributes don't work.

Still have to look at why Delete is not working.

Attachment Unzip1st.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon