Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fireboard Signature doesn't save!!

• nick4sale
  • nick4sale
16 years 3 months ago #66370 by nick4sale
Fireboard Signature doesn't save!! was created by nick4sale
In my CB Profile, I've tried everything I could think of to make the signature save in the fireboard profile on my cb profile plugin...

In other words, they are integrated together, everything seems to work perfectly except that I can't save the signature while trying to edit my profile.

I went so far as to create a new field even with the fbsignature as the title, which cb renamed to cb_fbsignature. Once that was done I went to profile and it saves the signature, but won't save it in fireboard forum (which I didn't really expect it to do so anyway) so I went to the database, renamed the original fbsignature to cb_fbsignature and the new cb_signature to fbsignature and while the signature shows properly in the profile it still doesn't show up when creating a forum message.

So, the end result is that people will still have to type a name as a signature, but can you imagine if you have a really long signature.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if there is any way possible to fix this problem. I honestly don't know enough to know if it's fireboard that isn't saving the signature of if it's the cb plugin not getting to allowing fireboard to post the signature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: nick4sale, at: 2008/06/23 18:45

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nick4sale
  • nick4sale
16 years 3 months ago #66372 by nick4sale
Replied by nick4sale on topic Re:Fireboard Signature doesn't save!!
hmmm I just saved my signature in this forum, and I remember reading somewhere that Joomlaboard use to be fireboard. So how can I get that to work.

Please :)

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

• blakey87
  • blakey87
16 years 3 months ago #66434 by blakey87
Replied by blakey87 on topic Re:Fireboard Signature doesn't save!!
I dont think you should have messed about with the db names maybe the version of fireboard your using don't support the cb profile fb signatures

• nick4sale
  • nick4sale
16 years 3 months ago #66435 by nick4sale
Well I have put the names back, but I did that to find a solution to the problem.

By doing so, I did to a point.. it proves that cb saves the fields, but it doesn't on the fireboard signature.

I don't know if it has to do with the fact that in the database table called "jos_comprofiler_fields" it shows the fbsignature, but in the other table "jos_comprofiler_field_values" it doesn't, although it lists the other field values for the fireboard fields for view and sorting. I would think that the _UE_FB_SIGNATURE would show up on the field values table as well, but it's plainly not there. If I knew how to get it there to see if that's the difference, I'd try it, but I don't know how to add to a database like that.

I don't know enough about databases and how they work to really know that, I know enough how to change text in a field or delete it so it doesn't show, but to add a cell or something like that is beyond my knowledge. What I do know is that signature isn't saving and it's important enough to me that if I don't get a solution, I'll change boards, because I won't use something that doesn't work.

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

• nick4sale
  • nick4sale
16 years 3 months ago #66436 by nick4sale
btw.. my version of fireboard is the latest one, 1.0.4

On the cb plugin, I downloaded it either from this site or fireboards site and I would assume that the plugin matches with the most current version of fireboard.

I don't know how to tell what version the plugin is.

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

• blakey87
  • blakey87
16 years 3 months ago #66441 by blakey87
Replied by blakey87 on topic Re:Fireboard Signature doesn't save!!
Have you made sure you got the right settings in fireboard?

also

_UE_FB_SIGNATURE

Your missing that in your CB language file it would'nt affect whether the signature is shown or not

In fireboard config settings look for

Profile Settings

Set to Community builder if its not

Also 'Create Community Builder forum profile'

If it dont work then who knows

Post edited by: blakey87, at: 2008/06/24 14:45

Moderators: beatnantkrileon