Skip to Content Skip to Menu

profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer

• gonetwork
  • gonetwork
15 years 6 months ago #94270 by gonetwork
profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer was created by gonetwork
Hi, I am using the Dark Template on our site. We found the place to change the background color of the Profile Book to black to make it snap. This works fine, but not in Internet Explorer. The Text block, is only 1px in IE.

I was looking in the cb.profilebook.php which is where we found the background color issue in the last piece of code at the end of the page. But how can we fix this text entry box for IE?

Just for the record: CB 1.2 stable,ProfileBook 1.2RC, Php 5.2.6, J! 1.5.9

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gonetwork
  • gonetwork
15 years 6 months ago #94373 by gonetwork
Replied by gonetwork on topic Re:profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer
Has anyone used the new ProfileGallery 1.2RC2 and know what I am referring to. Better yet, have a fix for this problem. Although I love Firefox and so do many more people, Internet Explorer is still the most widely used browser.

• gonetwork
  • gonetwork
15 years 6 months ago #94773 by gonetwork
Replied by gonetwork on topic Re:profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer
So, does anyone know who built this? Maybe that person can assist with this problem. I thought Doc Subscribers get support? This is a product only available to doc subscribers and would really like some help using it.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 5 months ago #97068 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer
gonetwork,

First, the Doc Subscription is not a promise of support. You are paying for the documentation (that Nick put countless hours into) to fully realize the features and capabilities of CB and hopefully, resolve most any problem you have. It's also a show of support, and the developers are very grateful for that as it keeps CB free and allows further development. As a thank-you, they offer you pre-releases before the public gets a chance to use them.

That said, try using a website development addon for IE that will help you determine which CSS element that needs to be changed. If you're using a non-default editor, the settings may also affect how the field appears in IE, but the documentation or forum for that extension should help if that's the issue.

Feel free to report back if you still have problems. ;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• nant
  • nant
15 years 5 months ago #97071 by nant
Try default Joomla template and see if your problem is in fact template related.

• Mandig
  • Mandig
15 years 5 days ago #114161 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:profileBook & Blog 1.2RC and IExplorer
Hi,

I have the same issue on IE only.

I checked the template and it doesn't solve the problem but most strange thing is that it worked for a few hours !!

Did you experienced the same ? Any solution ?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon