Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your

13 years 8 months ago #154354 by josepancho
I am using Joomla 1.6 with Community Builder 1.4 and I keep getting the following message "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in." Can someone please help here?

How do I get rid of this problem and is there something that Joomlapolis can do to completely get rid of this bug? I research the problem and there seems to be no answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #154399 by krileon
Please ensure your timezone is configured correctly and that you've set an appropriate session time within Joomla configuration. Please also ensure within CB configuration on the integration tab that you've set session checking to No; this will disable the session checks. If possible please provide backend login credentials and steps taken to reproduce via PM so may investigate the issue further; we're looking to resolve the sessions issue permanently.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by krileon.

13 years 8 months ago #154477 by Buba_Smith2
I have the same issue. Whenever anyone tries to log in, I get that error. I CAN login using the standard Joomla login module, but not the CB Login mod. I tested in both Chrome and Firefox, using with and without the www prefix. Even after deleting the cookies and reloading the browser, I still get the error. I'm using Joomla 1.6 with CB 1.4. For my Joomla - Global Configuration - Site - Cookie Settings, I have both fields blank as default. Under System - Session Settings, I have Session Lifetime: 30 and Session Handler: Database. I did try setting the lifetime back to the default "15", but that made no difference. Cache Settings are Off. I checked the time-zone settings which are all correctly set and my system's time is accurate. So I followed the advice here, went into the Community Builder menu - Configuration - Integration and set "Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks" to "NO". Then I again deleted my cookies, and reloaded the page and now it works properly.

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #154607 by karimalvizo
I am having the exact same issues and it always happens around 7:00pm Central Standard Time. I have already setup the suggested settings and still no luck. :(
It resets back to normal by next day and we are able to log back in.
I do not want to use the standard login from Joomla either.

Thanks,

Karim

Karim Alvizo
Creative Director
www.synergu.com & www.4wardmarketing.com
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by karimalvizo.

13 years 8 months ago #154732 by Bingmannen
I had the exact same issue. I spent hours searching the forum and struggling with this issue. Wanna know what helped? Reading the FAQ! :lol:

Anyway, I disabled most cb plugins and tried again, and it WORKED! I then republished the plugins one by one, and registered a new user after each. It still worked.

These are the plugins I found are NOT to blame:
CB Privacy
CB Auto welcome
Forum integration
Content Author
CB LastViews Tab
CB ProfileBook
PMS uddeIM

I'm using the Default CB template plugin. The only plugins I didn't republish are the other templates, and the default PMS plugin. So maybe one of them are to blame?

Hope this helps. :)

It seems common sense is not that common after all...

13 years 8 months ago #155353 by karimalvizo
Alright guys... this is what I've done and it stopped generating that error.
I configured my timezone.
Under Global configuration > System:
Session Lifetime: 15
Session handler: Database
Cache: ON- Progressive Chain
Cache Handler: File
Cache Time: 0

Under Global configuration > Site:
Cookie Domain:
Cooke Path:
(each I left in blank)

This may not be the right solution, but after setting all these up it has not given me the same issue.
Oh Oh! I also uninstalled and re-installed the CB Login Module and under:
Site > Maintenance > Clear Cache: Deleted All
Site > Maintenance > Check In: Checked All In
Site > Maintenance > Purge Expired Cache: Purge Expired All

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Karim, Creative Director
www.synergu.com and www.4wardmarketing.com

Karim Alvizo
Creative Director
www.synergu.com & www.4wardmarketing.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon