Skip to Content Skip to Menu

After updating to 1.7

• crjensen
  • crjensen
13 years 3 months ago #170124 by crjensen
After updating to 1.7 was created by crjensen
Hi, just updated Joomla from 1.6.5 to 1.7, but now I can't login to admin and on the frontpage I get this CB related error. No, I am not an Advanced/Pro member:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getCfg() on a non-object in /var/www/bibelaabner.dk/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 3228

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #170143 by Willem Reus
Replied by Willem Reus on topic Re: After updating to 1.7
I have the exact same problem. Site is not accessible form the front-end, and community builder is not accessible in the back-end.

13 years 3 months ago #170154 by Willem Reus
Replied by Willem Reus on topic Re: After updating to 1.7
Well, I should have looked on the homepage first: it is simply not compatible with J1.7 jet, but there is a RC version for professional members that is, so now I am a professional member...
For those who can or will not afford to pay for the good cause: on august 1st it is planned to be public.

13 years 3 months ago #170217 by sirclueless
Replied by sirclueless on topic Re: After updating to 1.7
Oh my god. That's bad. My site is down, cause the cb doesn't works :-( And on august 1st ist a very long time. That's bad. Is there no solution that it works?? Or I must deinstall cb. But if I do that , I think I will use another community system in the future. So I think, there's another solution.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #170218 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: After updating to 1.7

sirclueless wrote: Oh my god. That's bad. My site is down, cause the cb doesn't works :-( And on august 1st ist a very long time. That's bad. Is there no solution that it works?? Or I must deinstall cb. But if I do that , I think I will use another community system in the future. So I think, there's another solution.

Welcome to our forums (as its your first ever post).

CB is not the only extension that has been bitten by the J17 upgrade - see this thread:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=637126&p=2560596#p2560596

Other extensions (even one you are so nicely hinting about) suffer the same problem.

CB 1.7RC currently available to Professional members works on Joomla 1.7 sites - so you have a "commercial" alternative here also.

If your website is important to you (and it most likely is) you need to backup before performing any upgrade.

We are working as quickly as possible to address users such as yourself that rushes to upgrade without investigating compatibility issues or backing up first.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nant.

• boeskip
  • boeskip
13 years 3 months ago #170269 by boeskip
Replied by boeskip on topic Re: After updating to 1.7
Same problem here :(

I read about the Joomla update and that the 1.6 support ends. So I immediately updated my website. And now nothing works!!

Damn!! I can't wait for 1 of august.

What to do, what to do???

Moderators: beatnantkrileon