Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Frontend user Edit Profile fields too small

13 years 1 month ago #176698 by joomlafreek
Frontend user Edit Profile fields too small was created by joomlafreek
Please have a look at the attached image, and tell me what is wrong.
It is self-explanatory.

How do I fix that? I have tossed and toiled with this for hours, trying different things available through CB, and even looking at the core User Manager options and settings, and unless I am just missing some "secret combination" of settings to get it right, this was its initial default and been that way ever since. Heeeeellllllllp! Of course, we can't go live with the users' profiles looking like that!! They can't edit their own data, and that's not good.

Thank you *very much* in advance for your expertise!

Joomlafreek
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #176699 by nant
Your template is causing this.

To verify, just test with default Joomla template.

To fix ask your template provider or use firebug to inspect the css element causing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlafreek

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #176702 by joomlafreek
Replied by joomlafreek on topic Re: Frontend user Edit Profile fields too small
Thanks Nick.

How might I do that? I just inspected as much as I know how to, and can't find anything. When I drill down into it, I end up at your element as follows:
Code:
<div id="cbtf_11" class="cbFieldsContentsTab"> <div id="cbfr_41" class="sectiontableentry2 cbft_predefined cb_form_line cbclearboth"> <label id="cblabname" title="Name:Please enter your real full name." for="name">Name:</label> <div class="cb_field"> <div id="cbfv_41"> <input id="name" class="required inputbox" type="text" title="Name:Please enter your real full name." maxlength="100" size="25" value="[TFC]^2Sevendust" name="name"> <span class="cbFieldIcons"> </div> </div> </div>

and of course, the code looks good. Field sizes are opposite what is actually being displayed. So, maybe I'm just looking in the right place?

I'm still a n00b to hacking css and whatnot, so some pointers would be greatly appreciated - and I will go far with them. I will go to the template maker if need be.
Thanks!

Joomlafreek
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by joomlafreek. Reason: Forgot closing

13 years 1 month ago #176743 by joomlafreek
Actually Nant, I'm not so sure now.
When I add a new menu item to just the built-in Joomla Edit User Details page link, everything looks just fine. Field sizes are proper on the front end. See attached.

Riddle me that one.

Also, I called out to the Template maker, www.joomladesigns.co.uk - and should be getting support sometime soon, but this is actually starting to look more like it might be specific to CB and how it puts those fields on the frontend, versus just how the core Joomla does it. I would appreciate assistance to get this obviously-easy thing fixed and no finger-pointing. We're considering buying an Advanced Membership soon, but the clan wants to see what will come of this little issue first before we will commit.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Joomlafreek
Attachments:

• nant
  • nant
13 years 1 month ago #176757 by nant

nant wrote: To verify, just test with default Joomla template.

Did you test with default Joomla template?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #177018 by joomlafreek
Yes, of course I did, and the issue went away.
Interestingly enough, when I published the core Joomla Edit User Profile menu item type, it was fine too before the below edit was performed.

Joomlaedsigns did get in touch with me, and they said to edit the template.css as follows:

.sectiontableentry1 input, .sectiontableentry2 input {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
height: 15px;
width: 15px;
background: none;
vertical-align: middle;
}

---->
Remove the following

height: 15px;
width: 15px;
>

No wonder I didn't see this when I was digging around (and you saw the screenshot) - that sure didn't look like 15 pixels to me....so no wonder I missed the above. I looked....I didn't think this was it just because of the field sizes I SAW. <shrugs>

The above change also fixed the Geommunity tab fields that had the same issue. Imagine. :cheer:

Live-n-learn.

Thanks for your help Nant. :woohoo:

Peace!

Joomlafreek
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by joomlafreek. Reason: typo'd my sig - lol

Moderators: beatnantkrileon