Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Error 500 on login for all users but superadmin

• peisalei
  • peisalei
12 years 9 months ago #186826 by peisalei
Hi,
I'm using joomla 1.7 as a new site (no upgrade...). The module is installed correctly (or at least it seems so). Users can register, receive a password by email and connect.
I don't understand why, each time a user try to connect with the new password received, I've got an error 500 page. If I grant the super user group (and only this level) to this user, only then can he login...
Any clue or idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peisalei
  • peisalei
12 years 9 months ago #186827 by peisalei
I've got to precise:
- that the page to be accessed after login is public (homepage).
- I haven't dis-activated the joomla plugin authentification, because if so, I can't connect to the administration interface of joomla anymore!!!
Best regards

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186849 by nant

peisalei wrote: I've got to precise:
- that the page to be accessed after login is public (homepage).
- I haven't dis-activated the joomla plugin authentification, because if so, I can't connect to the administration interface of joomla anymore!!!
Best regards

Where did you see that you have to deactivate the Joomla plugin authentication?

Please take some time a read the installation document.

• peisalei
  • peisalei
12 years 9 months ago #186860 by peisalei
Thx you for you reply Nick,
I've read thoroughly the documentation, and because I checked everywhere (interface/documentation) where a level access could interfere and found nothing... finally I opened this topic.
I just opened my new site and this login part is the last but not the least difficulty I need to resolve. I would be disappointed to quite CB, because it does exactly what I need. But it would not be good to have only superusers...

NB: I think I start to have a good command on joomla for the little time I've been working on it already, but sometimes documentation could be confusing or ambiguous on terms being used: The disactivation I tried (because I tried anything, guessing I might not have understood something correctly) is coming from the paragraph 2.10 p 21 : "deactivating the Joomla/Mambo Login module and the Mambo Logout module..."

and happy new year...

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #186875 by nant

peisalei wrote: Thx you for you reply Nick,
I've read thoroughly the documentation, and because I checked everywhere (interface/documentation) where a level access could interfere and found nothing... finally I opened this topic.
I just opened my new site and this login part is the last but not the least difficulty I need to resolve. I would be disappointed to quite CB, because it does exactly what I need. But it would not be good to have only superusers...

Well this is not a CB issue as CB is working just fine everywhere else I have tested,

Did you follow instructions from the installation document included in the CB 1.7.1 package?

Did you create a public menu item to CB Profile as the installation guide instructed?

NB: I think I start to have a good command on joomla for the little time I've been working on it already, but sometimes documentation could be confusing or ambiguous on terms being used: The disactivation I tried (because I tried anything, guessing I might not have understood something correctly) is coming from the paragraph 2.10 p 21 : "deactivating the Joomla/Mambo Login module and the Mambo Logout module..."

The documentation you quoted clearly says Login module - it says nothing about plugin!

I suggest you turn on Joomla debugging and check you webserver error log for additional messages.

and happy new year...

Happy New Year!

• peisalei
  • peisalei
12 years 9 months ago #187131 by peisalei
Ok Thxs a lot for your suggestion. It was a good one: Thus I found that I forgot that I changed the rights for the public on the configuration.
All is working perfectly!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon