Skip to Content Skip to Menu

E-mail address validation issue in back end

12 years 9 months ago #188362 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
E-mail address validation issue in back end was created by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Hi JoomlaPolis,

I ran into trouble with the e-mail validation script. I've assigned this validation to a custom e-mail field which serves as an additional e-mail address. So it is NOT the primary e-mail address. As far as I can see, this issue is present in the back end only.

The script starts running as soon as there's input in the e-mail field and the user removes the cursor from this field. A second after the script has started, the screen turns blank. I've waited some time for the admin panels to return spontaneously but they didn't. The session was not lost however as I could use the Back button of my browser to return to the previous screen.

As the field is also made into a required field, I could not complete editing my users in the back end. So I thought I should remove the validation temporarily from the field. This had no effect: the script is still activated after editing the field. Or maybe there are more validations being made, apart from the one I can enable in the Field Management.

So for this moment I made the field "not required" so I could finish most of my back end editing. It seems that front end editing is not affected by this issue. Still I hope someone can help me solving this problem.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1

With kind regards, Frits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #189133 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: E-mail address validation issue in back end
... Anyone?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 9 months ago #189149 by nant
the validation that takes place will only produce a warning and you should be able to save your record.

12 years 9 months ago #189168 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Re: E-mail address validation issue in back end
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my screen turns blank as soon as I leave the e-mail field and I cannot proceed. Clicking the 'back' button of my browser removes any input so it is not possible to save my record.

Frits

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #189201 by nant

oorzaak@oorzaak.nl wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my screen turns blank as soon as I leave the e-mail field and I cannot proceed. Clicking the 'back' button of my browser removes any input so it is not possible to save my record.

Frits

turn on joomla debug and see if extra info appears with error message

12 years 8 months ago #189271 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Hi,

When the screen turns blank there's no message at all, even after switching on Joomla debugging.

However there are some messages when I view the CB User Manager panels:

On entering the CB User Manager start page:
Code:
Notice: Undefined property: moscomprofilerUser::$cb_logo in /home/stichting/domains/stichtingvertellen.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcore/cb.core.php on line 2392

When viewing the Edit panel for a specific User:
Code:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/stichting/domains/stichtingvertellen.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbeventlistmyevents/eventlist_cb.php on line 317 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/stichting/domains/stichtingvertellen.nl/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbeventlistmyevents/eventlist_cb.php on line 317

The latter messages seem to address a plugin for linking CB profiles to the Eventlist component which is also installed on this site.

Frits

Moderators: beatnantkrileon