Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Only moderators could change profile image

• ronvix
  • ronvix
12 years 8 months ago #191773 by ronvix
Is it possible only moderators could change the profile image of the users? I mean a user is not allowed to change his or her image but moderators can change the image of that user.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rspack
  • rspack
12 years 8 months ago #191946 by rspack
Yes. Set the avatar field User Read Only field to Yes. Then the field will appear on the profile but the user cannot edit it. Then under the CB Configuration => Moderators tab set the settings to the appropriate seetings you have setup for groups and acccess levels.

• ronvix
  • ronvix
12 years 8 months ago #192264 by ronvix
It doesn't work
Joomla 1.5, CB 1.7.1
I set the avatar field User Read Only field to Yes but users still can change the image.
Only if I set "Allow images upload" and "Use Image Gallery" to No in CB -> Configuration -> Images prevent users to change the image (the option to change image is not displayed). But then moderators can't do it. CB Configuration -> Moderators tab is set properly.
Any ideas?

• rspack
  • rspack
12 years 8 months ago #192280 by rspack
I guess I may he missing something here. Who will be the one to upload or post the profile image, the user or the moderators? Basically I am asking who is supplying the first image? As default image comes from CB template when no image is present, someone must upload a photo or image to override the default no photo image. If you wish the user to upload the image first, then you have to allow uploading and set the read only to no. If you are wanting the moderators to do the first image, then setting the upload to no and read only to yes should work. You might have the moderators group incorrectly set, this may be the reason they cannot make changes. I will test the settings tonight as I am at work now, and give you the results on how it worked.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 8 months ago #192335 by nant
CB Moderators can only do what profile owners can do.

If you want to keep avatar read only, then you will need to update it via backend.

• ronvix
  • ronvix
12 years 7 months ago #192954 by ronvix
Ok, I don't mind to update it via backend but the question is that although I set the avatar field User Read Only field to Yes, users still can change the image. Is it a bug?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon