Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Forum integration "This user has no forum posts"

• joehen90
  • joehen90
12 years 7 months ago #193697 by joehen90
Hi there,

I just installed, integrated and configured CB 1.8 and Kunena 1.7.2.

Avatars and linking to CB profile works perfectly. However, I'm having a problem with the forum tab which is supposed to show user posts. I've set access both in CB and Kunena categories to public so that all people viewing the user's profile should be able to see their forum activity. However, in the tab every user (even if they have lots of posts) displays "This user has no forum posts".

Upon login, the problem persists. However, I have noticed that if I go to the forum and make a new topic/reply on a topic, suddenly all the posts appear under the tab and browsing other people's tabs shows all their forum activity. If I logout again this activity disappears and goes back to "this user has no forum posts".

Please could someone help me? Is this a known issue? I've searched high and low for a fix, tried different access permission settings etc.

Thanks a lot for any help on this matter!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bk6366
  • bk6366
12 years 7 months ago #193707 by bk6366
Are your forum categories access restricted?

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

• joehen90
  • joehen90
12 years 7 months ago #193709 by joehen90
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Forum categories are all access: public. I've also tried 'user group: public' also to see if this would make a difference.

I'm running Joomla 1.5 in case that is important.

• joehen90
  • joehen90
12 years 7 months ago #193711 by joehen90
I thought it may have been a caching issue, but system-cache is disabled.

Why does it suddenly work after a user logs in and posts a new topic, and then proceeds to view the tab? I.e. user cannot see posts in tab after simply logging in. It's as if a recent post has to be made by the user in order for them to see the tab posts.

• bk6366
  • bk6366
12 years 7 months ago #193712 by bk6366
There may be some problems with the ACL in Joomla 1.5, it would be recommended to update if possible.

Other thoughts would be:
Has it worked before? If so, maybe there's an issue with some other extension on your site.

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

• joehen90
  • joehen90
12 years 7 months ago #193715 by joehen90
No this hasn't worked before, only as mentioned when the user is logged in and makes a post first.

Is there confirmation that this will work correctly with 1.7? I'm only asking this because this is currently the only thing wrong with my site (although it is quite an important issue).

Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon