Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBlogin hight memory usage

12 years 1 month ago #210406 by HiopsNerevar
CBlogin hight memory usage was created by HiopsNerevar
Hi!
After login in Cblogin Joomla debug show: "Application 0.223 seconds (+0.118); 16.65 MB (+6.283) - afterRenderModule mod_cblogin (CB Login)"

Why such a large memory usage? I checked the code and found that the memory usage by this line:
Code:
$cbUser =& CBuser::getInstance( $_CB_framework->myId() );
Surely get the Id use so much memory? :(

Joomla 2.5.7 + CB 1.8.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 1 month ago #210417 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBlogin hight memory usage
In your case:

1) What's the memory use before that line and
2) what's the use after that line ?
3) which CB plugins do you have installed and enabled ?

PHP tends to use lots of memory, by good old times standards...sometimes very much memory, and it's sometimes hard to find where. So thank you in advance for your informations.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago #210442 by HiopsNerevar
Replied by HiopsNerevar on topic Re: CBlogin hight memory usage
Well, I tested many times on different configurations.
1) Local server (php 5.3.8) clean install joomla 2.5.7+cb 1.8.1
After login (before module use (+1.594) Mb)
Warning: Spoiler!

1)Hosting (php 5.3.8 earlier 5.2) Joomla 2.5.7 (at first 2.5.0 and subsequently all updates packages) many popular components (JCE, uddeIm, JComments, Jfusion) and CB plugin (Private Message System, Multi Author Tab, PHPBB3 Latest Posts, CBreCaptcha)

Warning: Spoiler!

But otherwise (Local server + full Joomla) and (Hosting + Clear install) the situation is similar.
And like I said, I removed almost all the contents of the module, but he stopped to use memory after removing the line in the first post. More precisely, after removing the module was used 2Mb instead of 6. See attach
Attachments:

• beat
  • beat
12 years 1 month ago #210448 by beat
Ok, thanks for answering my question 1 and 2, as I understand, difference is only 2 MB by removing that line. Which can be normal, as it can trigger loading CB plugins.

There seem to be many other things that take also memory.

That said, if you run Joomla with a few extensions, it soon gets over 16 MB, that's nothing unusual, and usually it's just a matter of asking your hoster to increase that limit.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 1 month ago #210451 by HiopsNerevar
Replied by HiopsNerevar on topic Re: CBlogin hight memory usage
Thanks.

But if i disable or delete plugins, or disable any functions in module (avatar, greetings, PMS) the memory remains the same 6Mb. That is, the memory use only that line, only get user ID.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 1 month ago #210452 by beat
How about my question number 3) then ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon