Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Approval link in admin e-mail

• picht
  • picht
11 years 1 month ago #234224 by picht
Approval link in admin e-mail was created by picht
Hi

Is there any add-on to CB that adds an approval link to the e-mail sent to the moderator notifying him that a new user needs aproval ?

Now i need to log into the site to approve a new user.
It would be so much easier to just click a link.

I had that on my old Joomla 1.5 and i thik it is also part of standard J2.5

regards
Picht

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #235129 by HelloShell
Replied by HelloShell on topic Approval link in admin e-mail
Have you looked at the registration parameters in the CB configuration? Log in to Joomla Admin > Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Registration. From there scroll to the middle of the page and find the boxes to edit the templates. Didn't see the admin emails there, though, unless they just CC you on the pending approval email? I don't use it, I don't know. Have you tried editing the joomla core templates to see if they use them for those emails? Third option is it is either in the joomla or cb language files and you can edit them there.

• picht
  • picht
11 years 1 week ago #235144 by picht
Replied by picht on topic Approval link in admin e-mail

HelloShell wrote: Have you looked at the registration parameters in the CB configuration? Log in to Joomla Admin > Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Registration. From there scroll to the middle of the page and find the boxes to edit the templates. Didn't see the admin emails there, though, unless they just CC you on the pending approval email?

The boxes are only for the mails sent to the new user.
The admin gets an email with the following:

Subject: WEBSITENAME - ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval
Text: A new user has registered at www.yourwebsite.com and requires approval.
This email contains their details

Name - John Doe
E-mail - johndoe@email.com
Username - JohnDoe

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for informational purposes only.

This email was automatically sent from WEBSITENAME ( www.yourwebsite.com ).

HelloShell wrote: I don't use it, I don't know. Have you tried editing the joomla core templates to see if they use them for those emails?
Third option is it is either in the joomla or cb language files and you can edit them there.

If i was able to find the place where they are, what should i then add to them ?
How do i make the approval link ?

/Picht

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 week ago #235148 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Approval link in admin e-mail

picht wrote: Hi

Is there any add-on to CB that adds an approval link to the e-mail sent to the moderator notifying him that a new user needs aproval ?

Now i need to log into the site to approve a new user.
It would be so much easier to just click a link.

I had that on my old Joomla 1.5 and i thik it is also part of standard J2.5

regards
Picht

CB has always supported the following workflows:

A. Users can be automatically activated without need for email confirmation or admin approval
B. Users can be activated after they confirm their email (via email confirmation link that they receive and click on)
C. Users can be activated after they confirm their email and after they are approved by a CB Moderator from CB Frontend using the CB Moderation module.

The idea behind the C workflow is to have authorized members of your team (CB Moderators) view the profiles of the pending users before they approve or reject activation.

No other feature exists.

• picht
  • picht
11 years 1 week ago #235150 by picht
Replied by picht on topic Approval link in admin e-mail

nant wrote: C. Users can be activated after they confirm their email and after they are approved by a CB Moderator from CB Frontend using the CB Moderation module.

The idea behind the C workflow is to have authorized members of your team (CB Moderators) view the profiles of the pending users before they approve or reject activation.

No other feature exists.

This is a shame.
I normally know if a user is a "valid" user, and it is much quicker to just click on a link in the e-mail and then the user is activated, than having to enter the website manually.

I hope someone makes a plugin that supports that.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 1 week ago #235152 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Approval link in admin e-mail

picht wrote:

nant wrote: C. Users can be activated after they confirm their email and after they are approved by a CB Moderator from CB Frontend using the CB Moderation module.

No other feature exists.

This is a shame.
I normally know if a user is a "valid" user, and it is much quicker to just click on a link in the e-mail and then the user is activated, than having to enter the website manually.

I hope someone makes a plugin that supports that.

Yeah, that would be a cool plugin.

It would need to be coded properly with a checksum protection mechanism with a time limit.
This way people would not be able to guess the approval URL.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon