Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Difficulty importing database of members

• eddyport
  • eddyport
10 years 4 months ago #245971 by eddyport
Hi
I have a question about importing a excel spreadsheet of 5000 members into the cb member database. Can anybody help with the best way to do this as we have found it to be a major undertaking that can only be done 200 at a time. It has taken the developers about 3weeks to get this right. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Eddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #245979 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Difficulty importing database of members

eddyport wrote: Hi
I have a question about importing a excel spreadsheet of 5000 members into the cb member database. Can anybody help with the best way to do this as we have found it to be a major undertaking that can only be done 200 at a time. It has taken the developers about 3weeks to get this right. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Eddy

Did you try CB Juice?

• eddyport
  • eddyport
10 years 4 months ago #246238 by eddyport
Replied by eddyport on topic Difficulty importing database of members
Hi Nick
The developer has used CB Juice but has taken weeks to do the upload, and after all that the email addresses appear to all be incorrectly uploaded. Do you have any idea of who has the technical know how to do this upload quickly and properly. I am very frustrated to have found that CB has made it so difficult to upload a user database, considering thats what this platform is used for!!!!
Thanks
Earl

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246246 by nant

eddyport wrote: Hi Nick
The developer has used CB Juice but has taken weeks to do the upload, and after all that the email addresses appear to all be incorrectly uploaded. Do you have any idea of who has the technical know how to do this upload quickly and properly. I am very frustrated to have found that CB has made it so difficult to upload a user database, considering thats what this platform is used for!!!!
Thanks
Earl

Well you neglected to mention anything about CB Juice so my answer was what it was.

I have no idea what your developer did - I have used CB Juice just fine and it did not alter in any way email addresses.

As CB Juice is a php script it is controlled by php environmental settings, so depending on these settings you might have to split up your import files into smaller batches to get them through.

It might take a minute per batch - I have no idea why your developer took weeks and why emails were messed up.

• eddyport
  • eddyport
10 years 4 months ago #246250 by eddyport
Replied by eddyport on topic Difficulty importing database of members
Hi Nick
That sounds like what they eventually did. I think the major issue has been that we asked them if email notifications could be suspended during this upload. I know that CB sends out a notification to new users, however a bulk email to 5000 new users would crash the host server and cause problems. Is it possible to stop those email notifications during the upload?
Thanks
earl

• nant
  • nant
10 years 4 months ago #246252 by nant
[quote="eddyport" post=246250
I think the major issue has been that we asked them if email notifications could be suspended during this upload. [/quote]

This is another issue not mentioned in your first or your second post.

I am pretty sure this topic has been covered on the CB Juice forums (did you or your developer search?).

My quick search should this thread that reads promising:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice/224560-email-sent-despite-qno-emailq-being-checked

Moderators: beatnantkrileon