Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Confirmation email doesn't work anymore

• giulia72
  • giulia72
9 years 5 months ago #263629 by giulia72
Confirmation email doesn't work anymore was created by giulia72
Hello
I'm using Joomla 1.5.26 and CB 1.9.1 (I know I have just made the upgrade to last version but I'm waitng the approval to put all on-line).

My problem is the confirmation email doesn't work anymore since few months and I don't know why.
I have not changed anything during this period.

As administrator I received a notification email when a new user create an account and buust now I don't receive any email, while the user receive a notification email regarding his account is pending to approval.

Could you help me ? What I can check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago #263663 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Confirmation email doesn't work anymore

giulia72 wrote: Hello
I'm using Joomla 1.5.26 and CB 1.9.1 (I know I have just made the upgrade to last version but I'm waitng the approval to put all on-line).

My problem is the confirmation email doesn't work anymore since few months and I don't know why.
I have not changed anything during this period.

As administrator I received a notification email when a new user create an account and buust now I don't receive any email, while the user receive a notification email regarding his account is pending to approval.

Could you help me ? What I can check?

Well, if things were working and now are not something has changed and it wasn't the CB code.

So something you installed or some changes to your Joomla configurations or your hosting environment has killed this for you.

You need to try and verify first that Joomla mass emails are working, then that CB Mass email is working (from CB User Manager).

If both are working then turn on debug to maximum level and try to register a new test user and see if any error messages appear in the process.

Other than above I cannot suggest anything on such old Joomla/CB environments.

• giulia72
  • giulia72
9 years 5 months ago #263704 by giulia72
Replied by giulia72 on topic Confirmation email doesn't work anymore
Hello
Thank you for your suggestions but any of them helped to resolve the issue:

1. I have tested Mass mail and it works
2. I have tested Confirmation email, the mail is sent to the user but not to the administrator
3. I have enabled debug butr no error message appears

I have no idea what happened.
The users can register but if I don't receive the notification by email it is very boring to check them manually

Let me know if you have any other idea

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago #263706 by nant

giulia72 wrote: 2. I have tested Confirmation email, the mail is sent to the user but not to the administrator

The confirmation email (containing the URL for user to confirm) is only sent to the user that applied for registration.

Once the user clicks on the URL to verify the email, then the CB Moderators will get an email regarding extra actions they need to perform.

That's how the workflow was designed - I am not understanding why you say that your admins were getting the confirmation emails in the past as CB is not designed to spam the moderators with unconfirmed applications.

• giulia72
  • giulia72
9 years 5 months ago #263709 by giulia72
Replied by giulia72 on topic Confirmation email doesn't work anymore
Maybe I was not clear, sorry.

The situation before the problem was:
1. A new user register in the website
2. After a registration, the user receives an email "Your Registration is Pending Approval" specifying that his account must be approved
3. A second email is sent to the administrator "ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval" specifying the new account details

This workflow was working for years but no step 3 doesn't work anymore and I don't receive any email when there is a new account registration.

I hope it is clear

Thank you

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #263710 by nant

giulia72 wrote: Maybe I was not clear, sorry.

The situation before the problem was:
1. A new user register in the website
2. After a registration, the user receives an email "Your Registration is Pending Approval" specifying that his account must be approved
3. A second email is sent to the administrator "ACTION REQUIRED! New User Registration Pending Approval" specifying the new account details

This workflow was working for years but no step 3 doesn't work anymore and I don't receive any email when there is a new account registration.

I hope it is clear

Thank you

Yup - that is not the confirmation email - it is called the pending action email.

No idea - if it was working and is not now, then something is preventing it from working.

The code did not mutate and I assume you did not hack something.

So only thing I can think of is that something else installed on your site is messing this up or something changed in your hosting environment that is causing this issue.

Sorry, not much more I can suggest.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon