Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login issue

• tonux
  • tonux
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #280896 by tonux
Login issue was created by tonux
Hi,

When I upgrade from CB 2.0.9 to 2.0.14 on a local server with Joomla! 3.5.1, I get this error message when trying to log in from a menu item :

Erreur: Le module CB Login n'est pas créé (requis).

Please, is there an explanation ?

GT
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by tonux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #280901 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Login issue
Hi,

Please read and follow the tutorials on configuration: www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/96-configuration

It won't hurt to read them all, but in your case the second tutorial " Configuring and Publishing the CB Login module " is of particular importance, because you'll need to use that module for login.

It's also described in the CB Primer Book.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by lousyfool.

• tonux
  • tonux
8 years 5 months ago #280903 by tonux
Replied by tonux on topic Login issue
Thanks lousyfool for your answer. I don't want the CB Login form on the home page of the site. It must appear only when one registered member clicks on a menu item.
With the previous version of CB (2.0.3), there was no problem, it happened this way. Why not with the 2.0.14 version ?

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
8 years 5 months ago #280904 by lousyfool
Sorry, but you'll have to use the CB Login, and stop using the native Joomla menu item and module.

However, it's very simple to do, takes only a few clicks and configuring the CB Login module in its backend.

It's a Joomla module, so you can place it anywhere on your site where you want it. If you want it to be (like) a menu item, create either a page where it is placed in a module position, or use {loadposition} in an article or something similar.
depending on the Joomla template or menu extension you're using, you may even have it in a main menu dropdown.

If you want it to be styled differently, create an override of the module and/or use CSS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• tonux
  • tonux
8 years 5 months ago #280921 by tonux
Replied by tonux on topic Login issue
Please would you like to take a look at the published site : www.lavillanelle.be ?
At the bottom of the home page, you have a menu item "Accès choristes" that opens the CB Login form.
The Community Builder version is 2.0.3, version used since the publication of the website in January 2015 and the login process happens quite normally.

Before updating to version 2.0.14 of CB, I try it on a local server, where I get the error message (see first post).

GT

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
8 years 5 months ago #280931 by lousyfool
You're using a CB Login module on the site you're linking to.

With CB 2.0.14 please make sure that, in its place, you're using the newest version of the module which is coming with 2.0.14, and that it's published and configured correctly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon