Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CBSubs selling - one file, group of files, docman

• some_some
  • some_some
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #150412 by some_some
Hello,

I pretend this scenario:

Using DocMan and have 3 suscripcion plans:
- free - access to free DocMan categories and files.
- economy - access to some DocMan categories and files.
- full - access to all DocMan categories and files.

But, can I have with CBSubs a price for one file or for one category from DocMan or doing a bundles of them? Having a pay per piece like?

Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150468 by krileon
Don't quite understand what you're asking. The way our CBSubs Docman integration works is it places users into a Docman Group and that determines their access to XYZ file. Yes it's possible to place users into multiple groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some_some
  • some_some
13 years 9 months ago #150546 by some_some
What I pretend is that the users of first plan (free suscribsion) can buy only a one file, a docman group of files, but stil staying in free suscribsion plan.

Example:
Suscripcion plan1 - free:
DocMan group1 - free group, free files, but only for registered users.

Suscripcion plan2 - economy with price 30€:
DocMan group2 (with files "group2File1", "group2File2"),
DocMan group3 (with files "group3File1", "group3File2","group3File3")
DocMan group4 (with files "group4File1", "group4File2", "group4File3")

Suscripcion plan3 - full with price 70:
DocMan group5 (with files "group5File1",...."group5File17")

I want that every documents has a price, for exapmle 3€.
I want that every DocMan group has a price, for example 15€.

Is posible that user from suscripcion plan1 - free can buy ONLY one file, for example the file"group3File2"?
Or buy a whole DocMan group4 for 15€?

Maybe need to use VirtueMart for this?
Some categories, that are free for registered users in plan2 - economy. They can download for free group2,group3,group4, but if they want a "group5file11", they have to pay for it?

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150556 by krileon

What I pretend is that the users of first plan (free suscribsion) can buy only a one file, a docman group of files, but stil staying in free suscribsion plan.

This is doable by assigning users to a specific group then assigning that file to that group.

You can't charge per file or you'll need a group and a plan for every single file.

This is doable and is exactly what we do here.

Is posible that user from suscripcion plan1 - free can buy ONLY one file, for example the file"group3File2"? Or buy a whole DocMan group4 for 15€?

Yes, I explained this in my previous post.

If you want a Digital store, then yes. As CBSubs is NOT a digital store. It is designed with the intention of being a subscriptions management plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some_some
  • some_some
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #150565 by some_some

krileon wrote:

This is doable by assigning users to a specific group then assigning that file to that group.

But if you assign a user to specific group, than he has access to all files of that group. I want "ONLY A ONE FILE". Is this possible?

You can't charge per file or you'll need a group and a plan for every single file.

This will be a madness... if there is 1000 files: then 1000 suscripcion plans?

This is doable and is exactly what we do here.

I thing, you don't. What I pretend , that the user is staying in his/her plan and only buy some file or some gropu of file that are from another plan. But in conclusion of your answers, it's not so?

Is posible that user from suscripcion plan1 - free can buy ONLY one file, for example the file"group3File2"? Or buy a whole DocMan group4 for 15€?

Yes, I explained this in my previous post.

If you want a Digital store, then yes. As CBSubs is NOT a digital store. It is designed with the intention of being a subscriptions management plugin.

Maybe I have to be more explicit here:
Is posible that having thats 3 suscripcion plans - free, economy and full in VirtueMart create 3 Category of Products - ForFree, ForEconomy and ForFull, and everybody from free plan can download for free all files from ForFree VM Category, but if want to dowload a file from ForEconomy VM Category or ForFull VM Category has to pay?
The same way a user from economy pla can download for free every file from ForFree VM Category and ForEconomy, but has to pay for file from ForFull VM Category.
Is posible to create this relationship between CBSubs and VM?

Thank you for you quickly answer!

Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by some_some.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150574 by krileon

But if you assign a user to specific group, than he has access to all files of that group. I want "ONLY A ONE FILE". Is this possible?

Yes, just assign that group to a single file within Docman.

This will be a madness... if there is 1000 files: then 1000 suscripcion plans?

Yup, that's why you use Groups.

Is posible that having thats 3 suscripcion plans - free, economy and full in VirtueMart create 3 Category of Products - ForFree, ForEconomy and ForFull, and everybody from free plan can download for free all files from ForFree VM Category, but if want to dowload a file from ForEconomy VM Category or ForFull VM Category has to pay?
The same way a user from economy pla can download for free every file from ForFree VM Category and ForEconomy, but has to pay for file from ForFull VM Category.
Is posible to create this relationship between CBSubs and VM?

You don't need VM to do that, but yes. You can do that with Docman integration by using Groups. Please play with Docman to get a better understand of how its permissions work then review possible usage with CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon