Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB subs on our site

• mapebij
  • mapebij
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #152314 by mapebij
[SOLVED] CB subs on our site was created by mapebij
Hi,

We want to use CB subs on our site but we have a few questions about it before purchasing.

Is it possible to group members and let them have access to different parts of the site (in this case documents?)

We have customers who follow courses and we want to let them have access to course documents but not all documents but only those that "belong" to that particular course. When they enrol in multiple courses they should also be able to have access to multiple parts of the site (multiple course documents)

Any advice and can CB subs help us?

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #152316 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB subs on our site

mapebij wrote: Hi,

We want to use CB subs on our site but we have a few questions about it before purchasing.

Sure thing, I will try to address as best I can ...

Is it possible to group members and let them have access to different parts of the site (in this case documents?)

Yes, you can protect any Joomla content and make a subscription required for viewing.
You can even use the URL protection mechanism to protect other extensions. See for example our Advanced/Professional forum area - you will notice that you cannot post in these areas without a CBSubs subscription.

We have customers who follow courses and we want to let them have access to course documents but not all documents but only those that "belong" to that particular course. When they enrol in multiple courses they should also be able to have access to multiple parts of the site (multiple course documents)

Any advice and can CB subs help us?

Thanks!

You can also use the CBSubs DOCman (or Remository) integration plugin to add/remove users to DOCman groups that protect specific course content. This way, when someone subscribes to a course he/she will be automatically added to the proper DOCman group that permits downloading of course material. If the course material is actually a Joomla article, then CBSubs can be used to protect entire article sections or categories against a specific subscription.

I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapebij

• mapebij
  • mapebij
13 years 8 months ago #152320 by mapebij
Replied by mapebij on topic Re: CB subs on our site
We use event booking as a course subscription system. Is is then also possible to have them automatically added to the proper DOCman group? There is a plugin which enables user information sharing but only the following fields:

Enter custom field's name in CB (or custom Field Code in JomSocial) which will be mapped with the fields on Donation Form

First name
Last name
Organization
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Fax

Any suggestions?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #152326 by nant

mapebij wrote: We use event booking as a course subscription system. Is is then also possible to have them automatically added to the proper DOCman group? There is a plugin which enables user information sharing but only the following fields:

Enter custom field's name in CB (or custom Field Code in JomSocial) which will be mapped with the fields on Donation Form

First name
Last name
Organization
Address
Address2
City
State
Zip
Country
Phone
Fax

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I am not familiar with the event booking extension.
CBSubs does integrate with CB (of course - since its a CB Plugin) and DOCman.

• mapebij
  • mapebij
13 years 8 months ago #152350 by mapebij
Replied by mapebij on topic Re: CB subs on our site

nant wrote:

mapebij wrote:
You can also use the CBSubs DOCman (or Remository) integration plugin to add/remove users to DOCman groups that protect specific course content. This way, when someone subscribes to a course he/she will be automatically added to the proper DOCman group that permits downloading of course material. If the course material is actually a Joomla article, then CBSubs can be used to protect entire article sections or categories against a specific subscription.

I hope this helps.

Is there a function within CB or CB Subs to let users subscribe to a course?

• nant
  • nant
13 years 8 months ago #152352 by nant
CBSubs lets people subscribe to CBSubs plans.

If you can setup a course as a subscription plan then all is ok, but as I said before, I do not think CBSubs will fit your use case.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon