Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Limit number of profile visualization

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #171003 by nylls
Hello,

I wish to know if the component CbSub allows to limit the number of visualization of profile community builder stemming from a list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171017 by nant

nylls wrote: Hello,

I wish to know if the component CbSub allows to limit the number of visualization of profile community builder stemming from a list

Sorry I don't understand the concept - please give more details and perhaps an example.

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #171028 by nylls
Replied by nylls on topic Re: Limit number of profile visualization
I wish to be able to limited the number of visualization of the profiles creates on CB.

The customer buys a subscription which gives the right to him in 50 or 100 display(visualization) of different profile

It is it possible with CBsub ?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Limit number of profile visualization
This is possible using a combination of plugins. You'll first need to create an integer field in Field Management to track the displays the user will get (ensure it's read only). Once done setup your plans to use CBSubs Fields to increment that field by whatever amount the purchase of your plan is supposed to provide. Once done you'll need incubator projects CB Redirects and CB Fields. With both installed you'll need to setup a trigger in CB Fields on the after profile display trigger to subtract 1 from your integer field with a condition checking if the field is greater than 0. Once done add a trigger to CB Redirects for after profile display trigger checking if the integer field equals zero and specify a URL to redirect users to.

The above setup would give what you're wanting, but it's quite easy to abuse. For instance if I refresh 50 times, I've just cost them 50 views.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #171084 by nylls
Thank you for the answer, however not simple has to set up and little reliable for the customer who buys a subscription.

Indeed, if he visits several times the same profile during the period of validated by his subscription, according to your explanation every display(visualization) of the same profile will deprive of him a credit of display(visualization):S

• nylls
  • nylls
13 years 2 months ago #171086 by nylls
With your method, when the customer the subscription expires; if he makes a new subscription, the number defined in fields to integer increments automatically?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon