Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Membership management for association

• ewd
  • ewd
11 years 11 months ago #213354 by ewd
Hi,

I am looking for a system (or systems) which can help to run an association with several hundred members, where each member is a business.

The members need to be able to maintain their own details, pay subscriptions and interact with each other. The member's details are then publicly available to be searched/browsed including finding the nearest member to their location.

Is this something which CB can handle? Should I be looking to use it with additional systems?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213358 by nant

ewd wrote: Hi,

I am looking for a system (or systems) which can help to run an association with several hundred members, where each member is a business.

The members need to be able to maintain their own details, pay subscriptions and interact with each other. The member's details are then publicly available to be searched/browsed including finding the nearest member to their location.

Is this something which CB can handle? Should I be looking to use it with additional systems?

Many thanks in advance.

If by pay subscriptions you mean that everyone pays a subscription to you (the site owner), then you should look at CBSubs.

• ewd
  • ewd
11 years 11 months ago #213360 by ewd
Thanks for the quick response Nick. I will take a look through the features of CBSubs.

Are there any good examples out there of sites using CBSubs for membership organisations?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213377 by nant

ewd wrote: Thanks for the quick response Nick. I will take a look through the features of CBSubs.

Are there any good examples out there of sites using CBSubs for membership organisations?

CBSubs is used a lot by clubs.

Sorry no reference sites I can share from my end.

If you have a specific use case you are investigating please post back details and I can address them.

Please note that CBSubs has a 30 day no questions asked refund policy for first time purchasers.

This way you can test risk free.

• ewd
  • ewd
11 years 11 months ago #213385 by ewd
Very useful to know about the refund policy - thank you.

The main areas I need to address are as follows:

- Allow potential new members to apply online.

- The application would need to be approved or declined by a site administrator.

- Successful applicants would be emailed their login details and membership number, with a "welcome" email.

- Logged in members can keep all their details up to date (name, address, phone, email, website etc. plus a number of custom fields).

- Members need to be able to create multiple entities. For example, a member might have a head office, but also several branches around the country. Each branch (as well as the head office) would have its own contact details and custom fields.

- If a member has given permission, their details will be publicly available on the website.

- Site visitors must be able to search for members by way of several criteria such as name, membership number, custom fields and radius from their location.

- The results list generated by the search will show basic details such as name, phone etc, and be able to be re-ordered by the site visitor.

- Each entry in the results list will be clickable to show the full member details.

- If a member has related branches/head office, these should be shown with the member record being viewed.

If this is all possible, then I'm sorted!

Thanks

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213391 by nant

ewd wrote: Very useful to know about the refund policy - thank you.

no problem ...

The main areas I need to address are as follows:

Will try and address as best I can - please note some replies depend on CB functionality and configuration and others on CBSubs.

- Allow potential new members to apply online.

CBSubs can integrate subscription plans in the CB registration form (see our Joomlapolis form as an example) and people can also upgrade their membership from there user profile (see your Membership tab on your profile).

- The application would need to be approved or declined by a site administrator.

CB Registration has a workflow that can be be configured in CB. But there is no workflow for CBSubs subscriptions after registration. If a registered member subscribes to a CBSubs plan then that subscription is automatically enabled if the user pays (in case of a paid subscription) or right away in case of a free one.

To do what you want, you would have to establish some parallel workflow - for example have potential members submit a form and you can add them manually to the right membership plan from backend or reply with rejection.

- Successful applicants would be emailed their login details and membership number, with a "welcome" email.

Login details are part of the registration process and they will get the welcome email from CB (see CB configuration area).

With CBSubs you can have a welcome to subscription email also - but this is additional and maybe after the registration process.

- Logged in members can keep all their details up to date (name, address, phone, email, website etc. plus a number of custom fields).

Standard CB - you just need to create the fields.

- Members need to be able to create multiple entities. For example, a member might have a head office, but also several branches around the country. Each branch (as well as the head office) would have its own contact details and custom fields.

Nope. CB is not a contacts manager. No such feature exists.
You might be able to use GroupJive to simulate offices and branches, but no extra fields functionality exists.

- If a member has given permission, their details will be publicly available on the website.

You can use the CB Privacy plugin (available to Advanced, Professional and Developer members) to enable privacy settings on a field by field or tab by tab basis.

- Site visitors must be able to search for members by way of several criteria such as name, membership number, custom fields and radius from their location.

You can create user lists (CB User list manager) and have searchable field.
No radius search feature exists.

- The results list generated by the search will show basic details such as name, phone etc, and be able to be re-ordered by the site visitor.

Order and list contents are properties of the user list - cannot be set be frontend user.

- Each entry in the results list will be clickable to show the full member details.

Each user list row will take viewer to user profile.

- If a member has related branches/head office, these should be shown with the member record being viewed.

No such feature as mentioned. If you use groupjive to simulate each profile gets a groups tab that shows people with groups this member has.

If this is all possible, then I'm sorted!

Thanks

Some are and some are not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ewd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon