Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Invoice and orders in 2 currencies

• catalincb
  • catalincb
9 years 7 months ago #260469 by catalincb
Invoice and orders in 2 currencies was created by catalincb
It's posible to make invoices in 2 currencies ?
I mean on the same invoice to have euro and another currency.
If yes, i have to insert manually exchange rate .. or if i have a table wich is updated directly from an xml .... can i take it from there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 7 months ago #260490 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Invoice and orders in 2 currencies

catalincb wrote: It's posible to make invoices in 2 currencies ?
I mean on the same invoice to have euro and another currency.
If yes, i have to insert manually exchange rate .. or if i have a table wich is updated directly from an xml .... can i take it from there?

This sounds like a CBSubs GPL support issue - please login with your username that purchased the CBSubs subscription and post in the relevant support forum.

As far as I know you cannot have an invoice with 2 currencies. The purchaser selects the currency before the invoice is generated and that is it.

• catalincb
  • catalincb
9 years 7 months ago #260494 by catalincb
Replied by catalincb on topic Invoice and orders in 2 currencies
I didnt bought cbsubs. I have to know if it is possible before i buy something.
Ok it's not possible.
Thanks

• beat
  • beat
9 years 7 months ago #260496 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Invoice and orders in 2 currencies
Not sure to understand the question right.

CBSubs allows the user (or the admin) to choose the currency at checkout. Also for each plan/product a currency can be set, and the checkout will be made in that currency (unless a fixed currency is imposed at checkout, in which case the amount will be converted automatically with latest ECB official exchange rates (with possibility to configure a currency-correction % in CBSubs.

So actually, invoice will look clean with a single currency on it and all items converted to that currency automatically. Original currency and conversion rate used are not displayed on invoice. But you can display multiple currencies on your plans/products, like we do on this site, with automated currency-conversion updates daily.

Hope that clarifies how it works.

Most countries' laws will require to have single currency on invoices, so I'm wondering what your use-case is to need multiple currencies on the invoice ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• catalincb
  • catalincb
9 years 7 months ago #260500 by catalincb
Replied by catalincb on topic Invoice and orders in 2 currencies
Ok. let me explain.

I have a subscription that cost 10 euro and i want to be paid by paypal.
My national currency is not euro.. is RON but RON is not accepted by paypal.
Laws from my country are saying that if i make an invoice in euro i must have at least VAT in national currency but in accounting i must have all the values in national currency because accountig works only in national currency. Also the laws says that the exchange rate is the national bank exchange rate from the previous day (there is an xml like on ecb).
That's why i need in 2 currency.

But
I can make the subscription in my national currency

and ..If i can make the order.. the invoice in my national currency... and somwhere in the notes of the order/invoice to write something like this: The paypal payment will be made in euro at a rate exchange of 1 euro = X ron at Y date (where X and y are fields from a table from my database )

and when user is redirected to paypal. paypal must reveal him the payment in euro where euro payment= payment amount in national currency / exchange rate.

shortly: order and invoice in RON and currency ..and when the user is redirected to paypal... the amount to be converted in euro

• beat
  • beat
9 years 7 months ago #260525 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Invoice and orders in 2 currencies
Ah, understand better now :-) : You wish either:

1) order and invoice in one fixed currency, and payment at Paypal in a different currency that doesn't appear on the invoice

or

2) Invoice and payment in one currency and VAT amount on invoice also indicated in one fixed currency.

With "1)" being the preferred way. Am I understanding right ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon