Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[MERGED TOPIC] Reminder System

10 years 2 months ago #247940 by Hammerhead
Can CB Do This? was created by Hammerhead
I am working on a website for a customer who trains EMT/Paramedic/Police/Fire/Ambulance and even Armed Forces in advanced field emergency medical care. Those professionals have various kinds of certifications that expire at different intervals.

We are looking for a way to create a 'self-serve' system where a client can use Joomla and some component (like CB Subs) to enter the expiration of his certificate(s) based on different (future) termination dates and receive reminder notifications at 90, 60 and 30 days in advance so that they may register for refresher courses.

For example, an ambulance driver might have both a CPR certificate that expires in 4 years, and an EMT certificate might expire in 2 years, or another example would be where two people might have the same certifications, one ending in June three years from now, the other in October one year from now.

I know that most subscription components send advance reminders based on a predefined time period (say, a 1 year subscription beginning at payment) but is it possible for users to pick the type of certification they have (based on preconfigured types like CPR, EMT, Paramedic, etc.) and enter their own future expiration date?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #247960 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Can CB Do This?

Hammerhead wrote: I am working on a website for a customer who trains EMT/Paramedic/Police/Fire/Ambulance and even Armed Forces in advanced field emergency medical care. Those professionals have various kinds of certifications that expire at different intervals.

We are looking for a way to create a 'self-serve' system where a client can use Joomla and some component (like CB Subs) to enter the expiration of his certificate(s) based on different (future) termination dates and receive reminder notifications at 90, 60 and 30 days in advance so that they may register for refresher courses.

For example, an ambulance driver might have both a CPR certificate that expires in 4 years, and an EMT certificate might expire in 2 years, or another example would be where two people might have the same certifications, one ending in June three years from now, the other in October one year from now.

I know that most subscription components send advance reminders based on a predefined time period (say, a 1 year subscription beginning at payment) but is it possible for users to pick the type of certification they have (based on preconfigured types like CPR, EMT, Paramedic, etc.) and enter their own future expiration date?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you need a reminder system and not a membership subscription system.

Regarding CBSubs you can create as many mailer items as you want that send emails on very flexible criteria conditions based on subscription end date.

So yes, you can send reminders X, Y and Z days in advanced.

There is no feature to enter their own future expiration date.

Expiration dates are calculated based on the subscription date and the plan duration.

You can however use the CBSubs import facility to initialize your membership subscriptions for existing members.

10 years 2 months ago #247965 by Hammerhead
Replied by Hammerhead on topic Can CB Do This?

nant wrote: Sounds like you need a reminder system and not a membership subscription system.

Perfect! Can you recommend one? I was looking at Jevents (because we use DT Register) but that doesn't seem to support alarms based on individual user ID. If you have any recommendations, please feel free to suggest them!

• nant
  • nant
10 years 2 months ago #247970 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Can CB Do This?

Hammerhead wrote:

nant wrote: Sounds like you need a reminder system and not a membership subscription system.

Perfect! Can you recommend one? I was looking at Jevents (because we use DT Register) but that doesn't seem to support alarms based on individual user ID. If you have any recommendations, please feel free to suggest them!

Nope, I am also not aware of something designed to do just this.

As I said - CBSubs can do this for subscriptions it creates based on fixed plan durations that generate expiration dates based on subscription start dates.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #247981 by Hammerhead
Replied by Hammerhead on topic Can CB Do This?

nant wrote: As I said - CBSubs can do this for subscriptions it creates based on fixed plan durations that generate expiration dates based on subscription start dates.

We could work with that, if the user could specify his own start/end dates based on a free (zero cost) subscription for each certification type. Can CBSubs allow a user-specified retroactive registration?

If not, would it be possible to incorporate custom fields for each cert type in the user profile, have them enter their expiration date, and use ACYMailing to key off of those fields at predetermined intervals (90, 60, 30 days in advance) to send reminders?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Hammerhead.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #262222 by Hammerhead
Replied by Hammerhead on topic [MERGED TOPIC] Reminder System
We are looking for a Joomla component (or CB plugin) that will enable our users to create 'alarms' that coincide with expiration of their First Responder and medical practitioner certificates.

The component must present a list of standard (admin-configured) certificate types (for example: CPR, EMT, etc.), allow the user to select the expiration of each one, and the system must then send reminder emails to each user at 90, 60, 30 and 7 days in advance of the date set.

Requirements:
- Must support Joomla ACL (site registration required)
- Users may see and edit only their events, not that of others
- Events must be more than one year in duration (some certs last 3 years)
- Integration with CB, DTRegister, ACYMailing highly desirable

Hope someone can help us find what we need. Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by nant.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon