Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Image upload not working for mobile

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159575 by aaron@servicefly.com
[SOLVED] Image upload not working for mobile was created by aaron@servicefly.com
I have a problem:
The avatar image upload doesn't work on mobile website when registering from an iPhone or Android phone.

servicefly.com

My templates are setup for mobile. I believe it is a value missing from the field.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 6 months ago #159592 by krileon
Your CB install appears to have core edits in place. The image field is displaying raw with no drop-down select to choose upload choice or not, but yet the field is not required (being required at registration removes drop-down and shows input as you have). I recommend using Firebug for Firefox and reviewing the Net tab when registering or uploading an image to see if the post is successful. Are image uploads failing also in standard browsers? I've no way to test/debug mobile sites, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #159606 by aaron@servicefly.com
Replied by aaron@servicefly.com on topic Re: Avatar image upload doesn't work on mobile website
Image uploads work fine in all but mobile browsers. To be more specific; it is the select file button which doesn't work.

I'm actually thinking I need to build a field specifically for mobile uploading, but not sure. I am hoping it could be a simple edit in CB.

Through research, just found out that the Android & iPhone OS's are responsible. Each require special javascript tags to allow opening photo gallery on phones. I found the right code, but have no idea how to build an image upload field in CB for it to work.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by aaron@servicefly.com.

13 years 6 months ago #159732 by aaron@servicefly.com
Replied by aaron@servicefly.com on topic Re: Avatar image upload doesn't work on mobile website
After further testing, I got it to work. There was a non-WAP element in the meta tags confusing the browser. My mistake, all works fine.

• ellare
  • ellare
13 years 6 months ago #161307 by ellare
having the same issue -

Aaron - where do i find these "non-WAP elements in metatags" and do you mean confusing mobile browser?

how do i fix this? it's pulling up the gallery but just wont upload the selected image. just sits and spins.

(android phone)
CB 1.4

joomla 1.5.23

thanks!
lrg

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #161308 by aaron@servicefly.com
Oops, should have been more clear:

Doctype is critical. Here is the typical Doctype:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" " www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd ">

Replace it with the following code; here's what works best for me:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN" " www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd ">

Here are 2 other choices:

1-

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.1//EN" " www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/xhtml-mobile11.dtd ">

2- <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.2//EN"
"

<a href=" www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/xhtml-mobile12.dtd "" rel="nofollow"> www.openmobilealliance.org/tec ...>

Hope that helps.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by aaron@servicefly.com.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon