Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Urgent - License questions

• apdt
  • apdt
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #166152 by apdt
Right now I install CBSubs in 2 servers: my remote testing server (domain-A.com) and local server (localhost).

What do I need to do to remove 1 license from the localhost and install CBSubs in my client's domain (domain-B.com)? Will uninstalling the component in the local PC and then installing it in the new domain work? Or does someone from Joomlapolis need to change the license details at your end?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #166204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Urgent - License questions
The license is floating so simply install on the new domain and you're good to go. The most active domain is regarded as the live domain from what I gather (sorry, I don't know nor can we disclose details of license checking).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
13 years 4 months ago #166269 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Urgent - License questions
Thanks! So I don't have to unpublish/uninstall the component from the localhost?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #166368 by krileon

apdt wrote: Thanks! So I don't have to unpublish/uninstall the component from the localhost?

No, but you can only have 2 sites active at a time. 1 Production and 1 Development. So you localhost would be for Development and your live site would be for Production. The most active with real purchases will be regarded as the Production. This means "domain-B" and "localhost" would be your 2 servers unless you intended for "domain-A" to be your development server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• apdt
  • apdt
13 years 4 months ago #166427 by apdt
Replied by apdt on topic Re: Urgent - License questions
Yes, domain-A will be my development server and domain-B will be the live server. I will not use CBSubs in the localhost anymore.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 4 months ago #166596 by krileon

apdt wrote: Yes, domain-A will be my development server and domain-B will be the live server. I will not use CBSubs in the localhost anymore.

Would suggest uninstalling from localhost in this case. Again, CBSubs license is floating so simply move to a different install and you should be fine. If you so happen to run into issues please let us know!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: apdt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon