Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] turning GJ videos plugin into a normal profile plu

• userbk
  • userbk
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #170926 by userbk
I LOVE your video embedding plugin for group jive.

How hard would it be to make this into a regular plugin for CB so that users could use i on their profile to share videos?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #170951 by nant

userbk wrote: I LOVE your video embedding plugin for group jive.

How hard would it be to make this into a regular plugin for CB so that users could use i on their profile to share videos?

You can use a delimiter field combination for Youtube playlist sharing asexplained here:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Nov-2010/item/266-CB-YouTube-Player-Delimiter-Magic

• userbk
  • userbk
13 years 2 months ago #170953 by userbk
Hey N,
I actually tried to follow that articles before and could not figure out what to do with it and although I'm pretty sure this would be great for sharing youtube videos. What I'm super interested in having is the same fantastic ability to share almost any video from any provider on my user's profile.
I really hope there is a way to turn this into a new plugin easily cause it's REALLY great.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #170999 by krileon
Easily? That's subjective to ones ability, but yes it's doable. As far as a profile video gallery, no I've done no such work, but it's absolutely doable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• userbk
  • userbk
13 years 2 months ago #171131 by userbk
Haha, not the outcome I was hoping, but fair enough. I was thinking it would be as easy as "Change his to that, this to that and voila" ;)
But you have to admit, it's a pretty nice plugin you could add to your list with little effort and I would imagine it would be popular.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171136 by krileon

"Change his to that, this to that and voila"

Most definitely not am afraid, it would take a completely new integration.

But you have to admit, it's a pretty nice plugin you could add to your list with little effort and I would imagine it would be popular.

Of course it's a nice plugin, I wrote it lol. I've plans to create a gallery plugin to support all sorts of galleries, including videos, but no idea when I'll get to that project unfortunately; if I'm lucky before the end of this year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon