Skip to Content Skip to Menu

What blog component is avaiable?

• Eddie_E
  • Eddie_E
13 years 2 months ago #171322 by Eddie_E
What blog component is avaiable? was created by Eddie_E
Hi, want a blogging component but mamblog has been taken off joomla... I did a search and someone suggested CB Blogs... but I can't find this? ProfileBlog doesn't seem to be compatible as its red even though I have published this? I am using Joomla 1.7 and CB 1.7

Thanks

Eddie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171368 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: What blog component is avaiable?
CB Blogs is a CB plugin available to professional subscribers from our incubator. Please note incubator projects are considered experimental and not supported in regards to documentation. More on incubator projects can be found below. Currently there are known issues regarding CB Blogs and J1.6/J1.7 to be addressed with next release.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddie_E

• Eddie_E
  • Eddie_E
13 years 2 months ago #171454 by Eddie_E
Replied by Eddie_E on topic Re: What blog component is avaiable?
Hi thanks for link and the plugin installed successfully but does not appear in the plugin manager and is highlighted red in the tab manager and will not show when published?

Cheers

Eddie

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171516 by krileon
You need to locate CB Blogs in plugin management within CBs backend. It's impossible for it to not be there if it's installed. Simply click it to review CB Blogs backend where you can configure it further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Eddie_E
  • Eddie_E
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #171588 by Eddie_E
Replied by Eddie_E on topic Re: What blog component is avaiable?
Thanks and I have now got this working... ta few issues I'm finding now if you click the images option I get

I have full access to the server its running on and have ensured that full permissions are set for everything within the builder directory so do you know what this is related to? Also the category does not appear in the drop down so obviously will not let me post as it is a required field. I have made sure at least 2 categories are listed in the blog configuration?

Thanks

Eddie
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Eddie_E.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171678 by krileon
Categories provided in CB Blogs configuration apply ONLY to "Internal" model. If using Joomla model then you need to select a Joomla content category or section that has categories. Those categories will be your blog categories. Where are you receiving the access denied page?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon