Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs and Promotions

13 years 2 months ago #171451 by byrannewell
CBSubs and Promotions was created by byrannewell
So... I just set up the promotions, and once again, find myself struggling. It looks like everything is enabled, and the promotion is in place, but in testing a user, I see no place for anyone to actually enter in the code I created upon new user registration.

The workflow is: The user clicks on "register" and gets a screen with a captcha, as well as a place for him to put his name, address, etc.
The user clicks "submit" and is taken to a page that asks him to choose his credit card type, and has an area for his credit card number, etc.
The user then clicks the button which reads "$10 for each month payment", and is taken to the payment successful page.

Where does the user put in the coupon code? I'm so utterly frustrated with CB Subs! Argh. On a side note, why does the user need to choose his credit card type? The first four digits signify the type, so it's a pointless redundancy, IMO.

Thanks again for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 2 months ago #171471 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs and Promotions
CBSubs version?
CB version?
Joomla version?

Is you promotion valid for this user (plan selected, condition, etc.)?

13 years 2 months ago #171650 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: CBSubs and Promotions
CBSubs 1.2.2, CB version 1.4, Joomla 1.5

I believe the promotion is valid—the plan is selected, and I just left the default conditions.

One thing though, when I edit my promotion, I get a SQL error notice at the top "Notice: SQLXML::queryObjectList: error: Table 'my_databas_name.jos_cbsubs_geo_zones' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.`id` AS `value`, a.`name` AS `text` FROM `jos_cbsubs_geo_zones` AS a GROUP BY value ORDER BY a.`ordering` ASC in /path/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.sql.php on line 350"

I figured the SQL error was because I didn't install the plugin, CBSubs Tax, because I'm not using the Geographic region in the Groups tab.

13 years 2 months ago #171651 by byrannewell
UPDATE: It's fixed right now. I believe there was no area for entering in the coupon code because my users were not presented with a "basket" screen. I entered in some text to display in the "Registration payment Intro Text:", and now the coupon screen appears.

This may be important to include in the documentation, I would think.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #171691 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and Promotions

One thing though, when I edit my promotion, I get a SQL error notice at the top "Notice: SQLXML::queryObjectList: error: Table 'my_databas_name.jos_cbsubs_geo_zones' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.`id` AS `value`, a.`name` AS `text` FROM `jos_cbsubs_geo_zones` AS a GROUP BY value ORDER BY a.`ordering` ASC in /path/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/cbpaidsubscriptions.sql.php on line 350"

Tax plugin is required for the Coupons integration to properly function. Please install it when possible.

UPDATE: It's fixed right now. I believe there was no area for entering in the coupon code because my users were not presented with a "basket" screen. I entered in some text to display in the "Registration payment Intro Text:", and now the coupon screen appears.

A user must be presented with a basket, this is the page where they select what payment gateway they'll be using as well as allows them to supply their invoice address. This page is always presented unless the subscription is free in which cases the subscription is activated immediately and has no need for coupons.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #171723 by byrannewell

krileon wrote: A user must be presented with a basket, this is the page where they select what payment gateway they'll be using as well as allows them to supply their invoice address. This page is always presented unless the subscription is free in which cases the subscription is activated immediately and has no need for coupons.

Our subscription is NOT free, and yet they were not presented a basket until I entered text into the "Registration payment Intro Text" area. Perhaps this needs to be filed as a bug?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon