Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect | differentiate from normal users ?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #184538 by pepperstreet
Just loud thinking...

What differentiates a CB-Connect user from a normal registered user? I mean, technically and in stored field information.

Let's say... I would have the standard usergroups registered and authors on a site. Do facebook logins count as registered? And if so, do they have some additional info, that identifies them?

In short, I am thinking of a simple user group "registered" with almost no privileges.
And a superior group like Authors, that might have full CB profiles and more features...
Which leads me to a second related question: CBautoActions. Can I set/revoke the Author group based on a special field value? What about a DOCman group?

(J! 1.5, CB 1.7.1)

PS: I don´t want to use CBsubs at the moment ;-)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by pepperstreet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184559 by krileon

What differentiates a CB-Connect user from a normal registered user? I mean, technically and in stored field information.

Let's say... I would have the standard usergroups registered and authors on a site. Do facebook logins count as registered? And if so, do they have some additional info, that identifies them?

They're like any other use except they didn't go through the normal registration process and complete all of your registered fields. Instead they made 1-2 clicks and registered with their Facebook information for example.

Can I set/revoke the Author group based on a special field value?

With CB Auto Actions 2.0.0, yes.

What about a DOCman group?

Nope, I've no integration for DOCman.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #184583 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Connect | differentiate from normal users ?

krileon wrote:

... AutoActions - set/revoke J! usergroup ...
What about a DOCman group?

Nope, I've no integration for DOCman.

Could this be done with AutoActions and custom SQLqueries ?
(No, i am not going to ask for the SQL syntax in the next post ;-) Yes or No is enough)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184594 by krileon

Could this be done with AutoActions and custom SQLqueries ?

I believe so, but latest DOCmans offer an API I believe. Have already created a feature ticket to add a DOCman model (assign users to DOCman groups) to CB Auto Actions as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #184608 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: CB Connect | differentiate from normal users ?
Current DOCman (J1.5+ compatible) will stay with own groups.
(I guess, the new DOCman 2 is going to rely on J! ACL and groups. Hope so.)

There is also the powerful jDownloads, which also comes with own groups .
(not sure about the new J!1.7 branch.)

Would you mind to add a jDownloads model ?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184666 by krileon

Current DOCman (J1.5+ compatible) will stay with own groups.
(I guess, the new DOCman 2 is going to rely on J! ACL and groups. Hope so.)

If is the case then won't be adding a DOCman model as a model is already present to add usergroups. Will investigate further when time comes to implement.

Would you mind to add a jDownloads model ?

No, I've no experience with the extension and don't know the developers. You can probably add them quite easily using a Query action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon