Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb helloworld plugin for actual cb 1.7. and joomla

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago #184869 by jojo12
Perhaps somebody can help me:
I need a cb helloworld plugin for joomla 1.7 and cb 1.7. I cannot learn with an old example I never can try.
[Perhaps you can archive the old articles and plugins for your museum ;-)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184893 by krileon
It is archived already. As for example the best approach is to use an existing plugin and upgrade it to meet your needs as you'll need a complete working example of a plugin. Believe new documents and example are planned after release of CB 2.0 though. I've an example of a trigger based plugin in my tutorial below if that helps.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago #184895 by jojo12
Thanks, I thought it would be easier to start :-(

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184898 by krileon
Well it depends on what you want to do. There's Component Plugins, Tab Plugins, Trigger Plugins, and Field Plugins... heck can even combine all of them into a single plugin (e.g. CB GroupJive). Can maybe suggest a plugin to start out with as an example based off what you want to do. Some have cleaner source then others and less lines of code making it easier to understand. Pretty much all incubator projects developed by me are component plugins (they've a full backend and are frontend capable).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago #184901 by jojo12
no idea, what I want... I try to understand. Which one is the easiest to understand (in groupjive)?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #184915 by krileon
No idea, it's up to you what you want. I can't advise anything without you telling me what you're wanting to do. All of the plugin types are developed completely differently and all come with different difficulty. The easiest is a trigger based plugin, which have already provided a tutorial and example for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon