Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Actions: Mail to all users

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185300 by jojo12
Auto Actions: Mail to all users was created by jojo12
Hi,
1) is there an (easy) possibility to email with auto actions to all users (gjint_onAfterCreateWall)? Or do we need to enter all email addresses.
2) how to send with auto actions email to all users of a group. (gjint_onAfterCreateWall)?
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by jojo12.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Actions: Mail to all users

Deprecated: htmlspecialchars(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/joomlapolis824/public_html/libraries/kunena/External/Nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 1435

1) is there an (easy) possibility to email with auto actions to all users (gjint_onAfterCreateWall)? Or do we need to enter all email addresses.

Email who? The user making the post? All users in the group? Need to be more specific. You can email the user making the post with

2) how to send with auto actions email to all users of a group. (gjint_onAfterCreateWall)?

Can't without manually supplying a TO address of every user in the group comma separated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185382 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Auto Actions: Mail to all users
I made an Auto Action (see image) with substitutions (Query fields).

Email who? The user making the post?

After a user made a wall entry in a groupjive group, there is sent an email to the adressed person. In the mail is the notification of a new wall entry in the named group and in the named category.
[cb_query2] is an query field with the name of the group
[cb_query4] is an query field with the name of the category of this group
This one works!

All users in the group?

Now I will try to send this email to each user of the groupjive group.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by jojo12.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #185384 by krileon

Now I will try to send this email to each user of the groupjive group.

You could make another query field that returns a comma separated list of email addresses that below to the group then substitute that as the TO.

Don't see how you intend to make that specific to the group though unless the group id was static.

Ideally you should just make a new CB trigger based plugin and it'd be beyond significantly easier to accomplish. Please see tutorials in my signature regarding trigger usage in a plugin. At the bottom of the tutorial I've provided a working example plugin as well. GJ and CB alike have notification API for sending emails/PMs as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
12 years 10 months ago #185388 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Auto Actions: Mail to all users
Excuse my questions, I am not used to work with

You could make another query field that returns a comma separated list of email addresses that below to the group then substitute that as the TO.

Until now I only get one answer in a query field.
so I have a query field which looks for the number of the group where the post is in,
then with a second query field I look for the name of this group.
then with a third query field I look for the category number of this group, then
with a fourth query field I look for the name of this category.

( I make tries for to learn!)

Ideally you should just make a new CB trigger based plugin and it'd be beyond significantly easier to accomplish. Please see tutorials in my signature regarding trigger usage in a plugin

I hope, some day I will understand that :woohoo:

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago #185391 by krileon
GJ determines what category or group is present based off the ID in the URL. You can't obtain said variables using a query field. Nor is CB Auto Actions setup to try and find them. It's really best to use a new plugin to accomplish your needs. Other then that no idea how you're going to get what you want without a massive amount of query fields (1-3 for each group).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon