Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive Questions

12 years 9 months ago #187247 by MickejMouse
Groupjive Questions was created by MickejMouse
first of all can you delete the other topics that i made :( posted them time after time in the wrong catergory

I you make a group thats "Invitation Only" (a Private Group). Is it possible to assign a forum to them that nobody but their members can see?

krileon wrote: GJ already does this. If you aren't a member of the group you can't access the groups forums. However, currently there's a bug in GJ 2.4 that causes this to not work so well and is fixed in GJ 2.5 (next release) which is currently in beta testing phases now.

The second problem i'm facing is the GroupJive only made 1 category in Kunena instead of 2. I have 2 category's in GroupJive so therefore there should be 2 Category's in Kunena. all the groups I create are put in the only category what was made and not in the correct one.

Third problem lies with the png category images. They aren't transparent but with a white background and that's not really what i want :(

Hopefully someone can help me!

www.swtorbelgium.be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive Questions
The forum structure is the same as your GJ category > groups structure. Example as follows.

GroupJive:
Category 001
- Group 001
- Group 002

Kunena:
Groups (my parent category as selected in GJ config)
- Category 001
- - Group 001
- - Group 002

They should be exactly the same. If not, please run GJs Tools from backend to see if there are any problems. Please also check that within GJ configuration you've configured the Forum integration to the appropriate parent category as you must select a category for all of GJs forums to be created under.

As for PNG images you need to set CBs image library to imagemagick if supported by your host as PHP GD1/GD2 do not allow transparency.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #187253 by MickejMouse
Replied by MickejMouse on topic Re: Groupjive Questions
Images problem is fixed :D Thank you!!

But for my Category i'm stil having a problem

I Have:

GroupJive
Category 1
-Group 1
Category 2
- Group 2

Kunena gives me

Groups
-Category 1
-- Group 1
-- Group 2

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187260 by krileon
I can not confirm this, please ensure Group 2 is in the appropriate location. I suggest editing Group 2 then re-saving it to see if it'll fix it if problem persists. It's parent forum category is purely based off the category the group belongs to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #187267 by MickejMouse
Replied by MickejMouse on topic Re: Groupjive Questions
Nope doens't work :(

He doesn't make a second forum category :( Just one category and all the groups are going in that category :(

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 9 months ago #187288 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon