Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Facebook Connect Not Responding

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 7 months ago #193944 by jacosky
Facebook Connect Not Responding was created by jacosky
I just recently installed the FbConnect 1.8 plugin and input the parameters that it needs to get working; but before now, I had already configured the Facebook parameters in the Cb Connect plugin but it was never functional.

Now I've installed the Fb Connect, it is still the same. When you click on the Fb button on the Cb Login module, nothing happens. Now I have 2 Fb buttons on my Cb login module.
Please how do I sort this issue out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #194058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect Not Responding
You can not have CB Connect and Facebook Connect installed at the same time. Please uninstall Facebook Connect as CB Connect is the superior of the 2. Once done click the sign in button while monitoring your browser error log for any fatal errors, warnings, etc.. as you've either a fatal error causing the FB JS API to fail or the FB App is maybe misconfigured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 7 months ago #194080 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Facebook Connect Not Responding
I did as you said but when I click on the Fb button there, a pop window just shows up and disappears within a split-second.

Here's what I got from the error log:
Warning: Unknown property 'border-top-left-radius'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: s-static.ak.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v1/yP/r/gEfIvN5KWaU.css
Line: 1178

Is there something I'm still missing?

• jacosky
  • jacosky
12 years 7 months ago #194084 by jacosky
Replied by jacosky on topic Re: Facebook Connect Not Responding
I opened another page and also tried logging in through Fb but the pop window still opened and disappeared within a second.

When I checked the messages on my error log I saw this:

www.facebook.com : potentially vulnerable to CVE-2009-3555

Please does this have anything to do with the login difficulty on Fb?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #194107 by krileon
That implies your host has an SSL vulnerability and can't make secure API calls to Facebook, which is why it won't register then log you in because it can't retrieve your profile data. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as FTP credentials and will further debug to see what the exact error returned from Facebook is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago #194387 by krileon
It doesn't work because your copy of CB Connect is massively out of date (1.0.7). I've upgraded you to latest (3.0.0) and confirmed it works fine now. Please understand it's your responsibility to ensure your website remains up to date. Using out of date releases will guarantee you'll have bugs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon