Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Can't use forward slash in AutoActions Query

• erichf
  • erichf
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #198834 by erichf
Using AutoActions Query and I'm trying to use an UPDATE command to modify a table entry to include a URL which includes forward slash characters. However, as soon as I click Save or Apply, the text with the forward slash characters is removed from the string.

How do I get UPDATE or INSERT commands to work when the text includes forward slash characters?

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198877 by krileon
Believe you'll need to escape them (e.g. \/). There's several security cleaning procedures applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• erichf
  • erichf
12 years 5 months ago #198935 by erichf
Thanks Kyle. It appears that I mis-diagnosed the issue. The problem only occurs when specifying an href in an autoactions Query Action. All of the text associated with the href is removed, not just the forward slash characters. I understand from the tutorial: www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage that you can turn off the html filtering for CB fields, but I don't see anything about turning off html filtering for the fields being entered for an autoaction Query Action.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198936 by krileon
You can't turn off the filtering. What are you trying to do exactly? If you want to substitute in a raw value you can use [FIELDNAME] for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• erichf
  • erichf
12 years 5 months ago #198939 by erichf
If I hand code the href directly into the database, it is stripped out when the field is retrieved and displayed.

I'm using Community Builder Profile Pro to create the layout. I've set all the filters in Community Builder Profile Pro Configuration to "No filtering". I've also set all the filters in the Article Manager to "No filtering".

Is there some other place where the filters are configured?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #198941 by krileon
I've no idea what you're trying to do so I don't know what to tell you. You said you're using auto action. Now you're talking about profile pro. Please restate exactly what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon