Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Groupjive Forum Integration

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199313 by gr00vytunes
[SOLVED] Groupjive Forum Integration was created by gr00vytunes
I have recently purchased professional specifically for the use of Groupjive with forum integration.

My community started out as phpbb3 and is custom developed over the past 3 years and includes some 500,000 posts, 6,500 users and 4 major modifications.

Joomla with Jfusion was integrated last september and works very well.

Joomla = 1.5.26
Jfusion = 1.7.5
phpbb3 = 3.0.10
CB = 1.8
GroupJive = 2.5.1

I cannot convert from phpbb3 and lose functionality so my question is this!

Would a simple install of Kunena specifically for GroupJive be possible? Failing that are there any plans for integration with phpbb3 at any point in the future?

Many Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive Forum Integration

Would a simple install of Kunena specifically for GroupJive be possible?

Yes, just create a top-level category to hold all your GJ forums and add no further categories.

Failing that are there any plans for integration with phpbb3 at any point in the future?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199423 by gr00vytunes
Replied by gr00vytunes on topic Re: Groupjive Forum Integration
Thanks for the reply. I have spent a couple of days installing and testing Kunena with GroupJive but I seem to have hit a bit of a dead end.

I setup a single top level forum category in Kunena called "Community Builder"

I have set up GroupJive Categories as follows:

Fifa 12 (Parent)
.. PC Pro Clubs
.. PS3 Pro Clubs
.. Xbox Pro Clubs

I have created 3 Groups either as Site Admin or Standard user as follows:

Fifa 12 (Parent)
.. PC Pro Clubs
.. PS3 Pro Clubs
.... PSHM IX [GROUP]
.. Xbox Pro Clubs
.... iFVPA England [GROUP]
.... Northern AFC [GROUP]

As Site Admin I can navigate to any Forum Category and create a post.

As a standard user or Group Owner (also std user) I can only navigate to the forum associated to the group I am member or owner of however neither accounts can create a new topic, click new topic and fill in subject and body.

"You do not have permission to access this page"

Category is set to the base Kunena Category "Community Builder" and the drop down shows no other options..

gyazo.com/ce5aa04ea46ad05422f11df5126833f1

As a site administrator I see all the options..

gyazo.com/406769ff0f06ec6ec107fd0840644d13

As a standard user or Group Owner of this forum I can reply to any post that the site admin has created.

Tools shows no errors

I think a user should be able to see and post in the Categories above the group also ?

I hope I have explained this ok :)

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by gr00vytunes.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199450 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive Forum Integration
There's a bug with nested category/group access. For example the below should work.

Groups
- Category
- - Group

With the above you should be able to access and post to Group forums.

Please check that this is the case for your install to confirm if you're subject to said bug or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #199466 by gr00vytunes
Ok No Problem!

I have removed the top level Category "Fifa 12" making the 3 x sub categories all top level.

PC Pro Clubs [Category]
PS3 Pro Clubs [Category]
.. PSHM IX [GROUP]
Xbox Pro Clubs [Category]
.. iFVPA England [GROUP]
.. Northern AFC [GROUP]

All is working as expected

Thankyou very much :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199742 by gr00vytunes

gr00vytunes wrote: Ok No Problem!

I have removed the top level Category "Fifa 12" making the 3 x sub categories all top level.

PC Pro Clubs [Category]
PS3 Pro Clubs [Category]
.. PSHM IX [GROUP]
.. iFVPA England [GROUP]
.. Northern AFC [GROUP]

All is working as expected

Thankyou very much :)

We now have a few members helping us test this and there seems to be an issue with permissions once again.

PC Pro Clubs [Category]
PS3 Pro Clubs [Category]
.. PSHM IX [GROUP]
.. iFVPA England [GROUP]
.. Northern AFC [GROUP]
.. New Group One [Group]
.. New Group Two [Group]

New Group One was created by one of members and when I navigate to the group I can see the Forum tab and can also click the Group Forum link and all works as expected.

New Group Two was created a couple of days later and when I navigate to the group again i see the Forum tab and can also click the Group forum link, this time I now receive an error - You do not have permissions to access this page.

How can this be possible ? I have access to New Group One just fine but now New Group two and any other New Groups give me permissions error in Kunena.

Both Groups have the same settings, with Forum Tab "enabled" and Public "No"

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by gr00vytunes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon