Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Select Box Auto Update

• creon2
  • creon2
12 years 5 months ago #199409 by creon2
Select Box Auto Update was created by creon2
I would like to have a select box "managed" by a field in the backend. Say the select box, that is visible in the user's profile, has the entries A, B, C and D. In the backend, an admin has a set of checkboxes also with A, B, C and D. Depending on what is set in the backend, the checked entries are either locked (grey) or invisible. For instance if the admin checks A and C, then the user can only choose between B and D. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• creon2
  • creon2
12 years 5 months ago #199410 by creon2
Replied by creon2 on topic Re: Select Box Auto Update
Pardon me, if the admin checks A and C, then the user can only choose between A and C, either.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Select Box Auto Update
Yes, you can use CB Conditional to conditionally show/hide fields based off other fields values. As for the backend only fields simply set your checkbox fields to Read Only and then they can only be editing from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• creon2
  • creon2
12 years 5 months ago #199453 by creon2
No, maybe I expressed it the wrong way, but I don't want to hide the entire select box, but hide some values on it, depending on what an admin has checked or unchecked with the check boxes.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #199455 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Select Box Auto Update
We've nothing of the sort to conditionally show/hide a fields options (values), sorry. CB Conditional can only conditionally show/hide whole fields/tabs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• creon2
  • creon2
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #199468 by creon2
In case anybody is interested or should need this one day: I found a workaround for this. I used Auto Actions and set four "onAfterUserProfileEditDisplay" triggers (one for each option of the select box) with type "code". Then I checked the values of the checkboxes and if, for instance, they don't contain option B, a jQuery sets option B to disabled. Amazingly, it works just fine.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by creon2.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon