Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't access user profile page

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 5 months ago #200449 by basidee
Can't access user profile page was created by basidee
I have just upgraded to J!2.5.4 and CB1.8. Now users cannot access their profile page either from the module or from the mandatory profile menu item. The link now shows in the form <domain>/index.php/<menu title> rather than the normal comprofiler string

What have I done wrong? How can i fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200457 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can't access user profile page
How did you upgrade and what did you upgrade from? Try navigating to the below.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler

You'll need to of course add this after your sites domain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 5 months ago #200512 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Can't access user profile page
That link takes me to CB home, as I believe it should. Everything in the backend seems ok. It is only the frontend that has a problem.

I upgraded from J!1.7.3 to 2.5.4, CB1.7 to 1.8, CBSubs 1.2 to 2.0.0, all by uploading the respective upgrade packages.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200521 by krileon

That link takes me to CB home, as I believe it should.

Correct.

Everything in the backend seems ok. It is only the frontend that has a problem.

You just said the link takes you to CB home though?

If you've SEF enabled please disable it. If you've cache enabled please disable and purge anything currently cached. Once done attempt to access profile again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• basidee
  • basidee
12 years 5 months ago #200550 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Can't access user profile page
Ok, I misunderstood you. I checked that link backend, which is why I said it is working well backend.

From the frontend it shows a white screen (without the template), with just the thumbnail of an unrelated user. Something is surely wrong.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 5 months ago #200566 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done review the profile page for any fatal errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon