Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tab name + php ?

12 years 4 months ago #201234 by TailorMadeSites
Tab name + php ? was created by TailorMadeSites
Hi there

What I want to do is, I have the "connections" tab in which user sees his/her connections, I made a variable in "connections" plugin php file which just tells user "how many" connections they have.. for ex. (admin has 5 connections)... so let's call the variable for example - $howmanyconn

Now what I want is to show this DIRECTLY in the tab name so user can see how many connections he/she has without clicking on the tab... so it's something like -

"Profile info" "Profilebook" "Connections(5)" <--

Can you help me please with this please?

Thanks
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tab name + php ?
The "connections" field in CB > Field Management already does this. Just substitute it in for the tab title. Example of tab title as follows.

Connections([connections])

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TailorMadeSites, pepperstreet

12 years 4 months ago #201334 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re: Tab name + php ?
WOW this really worked! THANKS A LOT krileon you always helped me!

Cheers

12 years 4 months ago #201335 by TailorMadeSites
Hi krileon

I also use "CB Last Views" which shows users that viewed "my" profile.
Can I do the same on this tab? like -> Last Views([visitors]) ?

Do any other CB plugins like "CB Profilebook" etc.. have such functionality like in Connections -> Connections([connections]) ?

Thank you
Cheers

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201339 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tab name + php ?

I also use "CB Last Views" which shows users that viewed "my" profile.
Can I do the same on this tab? like -> Last Views([visitors]) ?

Number of profile views? You can do that with [hits].

Do any other CB plugins like "CB Profilebook" etc.. have such functionality like in Connections -> Connections([connections]) ?

It's just a substitution. So if there's a field for it then you can substitute it in. I believe there's [cb_pgtotalitems] for example that returns number of items they've uploaded to CB ProfileGallery. As far as I am aware there is none for CB ProfileBook, but you could use incubator project CB Query Field to query the database for a total value of profilebook posts then substitute in that query field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TailorMadeSites, pepperstreet

12 years 4 months ago #201344 by TailorMadeSites
Hi

I installed CB Query Field, could you please help me with "query the database for a total value of profilebook posts", PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, so I can have an idea how to do on the rest of the tabs. So I can guide myself how to do on the rest. Thank you.

thank you
Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon