Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Tachyon template Joomla 2.5

• LineMine
  • LineMine
12 years 4 months ago #201489 by LineMine
Tachyon template Joomla 2.5 was created by LineMine
Hi
I realise that the Tachyon template is a Rockettheme product, and in the main questions about it should be directed to them, but I noticed that Joomlapolis hosts the demo version, linked from their demo, so I feel I'm okay asking if this demo is a 2.5 version? The reason I ask is that I was picking through their forum prior to buying a membership with them, primarily so that I can use this template, which seems to render CB and CB extensions really well visually, and I noticed a few unhappy people complaining about the difference between 1.5 and 2.5 versions. I just wanted to check that the results shown in your demo are achievable on the latest Joomla version, without loads of CSS coding/mods etc? If there are lots of technical issues with this template, since the 2.5 version, I'd rather steer clear.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201506 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tachyon template Joomla 2.5
I've no idea, we don't test and maintain their products. I'm not sure what demo you're referring to; please provide the link and where you found it as am not seeing any of our hosted demos with templates other then our own.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LineMine
  • LineMine
12 years 4 months ago #201512 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Re: Tachyon template Joomla 2.5
Hi
Ok, this seems to be the URL:
templates.joomlapolis.com/demo/tachyon/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=62&Itemid=106
You can find it by going to the demo version of Tachyon on Rockettheme, select: Extensions/Community Builder and then click on "Live Demo" module on the bottom right.
Thanks.

• hkymre
  • hkymre
12 years 4 months ago #201521 by hkymre
Replied by hkymre on topic Re: Tachyon template Joomla 2.5
If you look at templates.joomlapolis.com/demo/tachyon/administrator/ you'll see it's Joomla 1.5 site.

• LineMine
  • LineMine
12 years 4 months ago #201531 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Re: Tachyon template Joomla 2.5
Hi
Thanks. I don't have the login details, but its what I thought anyway. Do you have any experience with this template? I'm just trying to do a bit of research on the 2.5 version. I have been using Gavick templates up until now, but some of the Rockettheme templates are quite impressive, and this one is unusual in that it has dedicated support for Community Builder, and renders the CB elements really well on the page, in my opinion. If its as good as it appears, its the kind of thing that CB members should be requesting from all template builders, who just seem to focus on Jomsocial.
Thanks again.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #201558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tachyon template Joomla 2.5
www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/tachyon

The templates official page and compatibility chart says it works on Joomla 2.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon