Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How do I add 'My Videos' tab using CB Video field?

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #205942 by jabrister
How do I add 'My Videos' tab using CB Video field? Or, how do I add it to my site at all?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205997 by krileon
There is no My Videos tab. It's simply another fieldtype that you can create from CB > Field Management. I suppose you can add a new tab in CB > Tab Management and call it My Videos though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #206093 by jabrister
Of course there's no my videos tab or I would use it ;) . I added a new tab, called it 'my videos', and I don't see a way to include/use/implement the CB Video field. I see the CB Video Field in the CB field manager and, again, don't see a way to include/use/implement the CB Video field. Please explain how I may show the video field in a user page and also the place the user selects or adds the links to the videos.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206159 by krileon
You create a new video field in Field Management and on the tab dropdown select your My Videos tab. Once done the user edits their profile and provides a video URL to it, like a URL to a youtube video. It then parses the URL and displays the video on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jabrister
  • jabrister
12 years 3 months ago #206259 by jabrister
:silly: cool it worked. How can I make an easy way users can add videos from the 'my videos' tab I created?

How do users add videos as it is?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206302 by krileon
Users go to profile edit then supply a video URL from a supported provider (see info icon). For example view a youtube view then copy the URL from your browser and paste it to the video field in profile edit. Now save your profile and it'll display the video on your profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon