Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Repeat email address on login

• drdamo
  • drdamo
12 years 3 months ago #206409 by drdamo
Repeat email address on login was created by drdamo
I have tried to search the forums for this and searched google and joomla.org but not found the answer I am looking for. Apologies if I have missed something obvious.

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 with CB 1.8.1 and CBSubs 2.0.2 on linux dedicated server with php5

I want to be able to ask for the email address to be entered twice and then to verify they are the same before proceeding with registration. I found one plugin that allowed it but was for J1.5 only.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206424 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Repeat email address on login
We have no such plugin. Best I can suggest is to create an email field, order it below the primary email field, then try to use CB Auto Actions with the before registration trigger and check that the 2 email fields match in a condition and if not redirect or something back. Problem with this though is registration will probably continue anyway as we set in PHP that user abort is disabled. So you may need to make a new plugin to handle this properly or try passing an error to the user object in a Code action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdamo
  • drdamo
12 years 2 months ago #206484 by drdamo
Replied by drdamo on topic Re: Repeat email address on login
Thank you for the prompt reply

The functionality is the same as for passwords so presumably not difficult (though beyond me)

Repeating email address for confirmation during registration is a fairly common feature of websites so would be nice to have the option.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206567 by krileon
It's probably planned for CB 2.x, but for 1.x not likely. It's very possible to implement with a new plugin (see password strength plugin for adding new subfield to a field).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• drdamo
  • drdamo
12 years 2 months ago #206625 by drdamo
Replied by drdamo on topic Re: Repeat email address on login
Thank you for your help

Unfortunately creating a plugin is far beyond me so it looks like I'll have to wait for CB 2.x

Thanks anyway

Damian

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206666 by krileon
I'll review implementation and if it's a few hour project will release as an incubator project. If is too much work it'll have to wait for CB 2.0 as am currently swamped with tasks to take on anything too time consuming.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon