Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB 1.8.1 File upload problem File Fields

• pe7er
  • pe7er
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206803 by pe7er
I seem to have a problem with CB 1.8.1 and uploading files on the front-end in a Field (of type File).

Recently I upgraded Community Builder on a Joomla 1.5.26 website from CB 1.3.1 to CB 1.8.1 (still on Joomla 1.5.26).
I have a Tab called "Library",
with a couple of fields (of type File) assigned: File1, File2, File3

Before the upgrade, with CB 1.3.1, registered users could upload documents (e.g. .pdf) on the front-end.

After the upgrade to CB 1.8.1, registered users see the upload field, but after submitting it refreshes to the homepage, so the homepage is visible in the CB Tab "Library".

I checked the behavior as Admin in the back-end, and I was able to upload the same .pdf file in both CB 1.3.1 & 1.8.1 successfully.

I've compared the configuration of both sites:
Joomla's Global Configuration > System > Media settings,
CB's configuration,
CB Tab Management > "Library"
CB Field Management > "File1"
all look the same...

Why does my CB 1.8.1 refresh the contents of the "Library" tab to the homepage after a file upload attempt? What else should I check?
Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206807 by krileon
Are you using ajax usage? Does uploading from Profile Edit function fine? Do you have SEF enabled? If so please disable it and see if issue persists. What version of CB Ajax File Fieldtype plugin are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pe7er
  • pe7er
12 years 2 months ago #206812 by pe7er
Wow, that's fast!

> Are you using ajax usage?

Yes, I use Ajax. If under Community Builder Field: edit > "Field-specific Parameters" I set Ajax to "disabled", the whole field will not be displayed on the front-end.

> Does uploading from Profile Edit function fine?

Yes, that works fine. I can upload a jpg image successfully.

> Do you have SEF enabled? If so please disable it and see if issue persists.

Yes, SEF = enabled (with .htaccess). When I disabled, the problem persisted.

> What version of CB Ajax File Fieldtype plugin are you using?
CB Ajax Text Field (cb.ajaxtextfield): CB AjaxTextField 1.1

I noticed that the current version is "CB Core Ajax field plugin version 1.4.4".
So I am gonna update this plugin now & I'll let you know if it solves my problem.

Thanks for your help!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206817 by krileon

I noticed that the current version is "CB Core Ajax field plugin version 1.4.4".
So I am gonna update this plugin now & I'll let you know if it solves my problem.

Please do as believe that's the issue. If I recall correctly some older releases had issues with their ajax url and target id, which is fixed in latest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• pe7er
  • pe7er
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #206821 by pe7er
I just installed the CB Plugin "CB Core Fields Ajax 1.4.4" but now I have two AJAX related CB plugins:

1. CB Ajax Text Field (directory: cb.ajaxtextfield) -> CB AjaxTextField 1.1: A cb fields plugin to add an ajax text field type to available cb field types.
2. CB Core Fields Ajax (directory: cbcorefieldsajax) -> CB Core Fields Ajax 1.4.4: A cb fields plugin to allow ajax inline editing for the available cb core field types.

I unpublished 1. "CB AjaxTextField 1.1", but the problem persisted.
So I unpublised 2. "CB Core Fields Ajax 1.4.4" too...
However, with those both disabled, the File upload field still seems to use AJAX!
(even after I emptied Joomla's cache)

Two other settings that could have an influence on my problem:
* SSL is forced for the whole site.
* The J1.5 website is working in 1.0 legacy mode...

Furthermore I noticed that my "CB File Field" CB Plugin is:
CB File Field plugin 1.2: A CB 1.3 field-types plugin to add a file field type to available cb field types.
I couldn't find this plugin under downloads.
Is it the most recent version?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by pe7er.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #206825 by krileon
Ajax Text Field and Ajax File Field are two different fieldtype plugins. The latest is "CB Ajax File Fieldtype Plugin v.1.6" which you can download from the Advanced downloads section. Direct link as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_download/358-cb-ajax-file-fieldtype-plugin-v16

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: kuntarkintir

Moderators: beatnantkrileon