Skip to Content Skip to Menu

registration and profile error

• activha
  • activha
12 years 2 weeks ago #212145 by activha
registration and profile error was created by activha
Well this one is hard to track down and I need help on IE 8/9

It appears that our template is broken only on CB profile page (no more styling) on IE 8 / 9 and that registration button does not work on the same browsers for some of our users but I cannot track it down.

If you have access to IE 8 /9 could you test activ-ha.com/inscription and profile after registration to check if there is any js errors with new bootstrap or something else ?

I have a really hard time debugging IE

thanks for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212158 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registration and profile error
CB Bootstrap is only for modern browsers. I did not test it on IE8. It is only tested on IE9, Firefox, and Chrome. Please provide screenshots of any issues you maybe experiencing in IE9. Please also ensure those screenshots are only with default Joomla template. We can not help you with your 3rd party Joomla template conflicts, you need to debug them your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #212224 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: registration and profile error
Hi

Well this is Joomlart Wall template and we have absolutely no problems with it except on CB profile pages !!
We tracked down the problem to :

- [jquery.form] terminating; zero elements found by selector as a js error on IE9 only and on profile page only when registered.

- progress plugin when deactivated seems to ameliorate the page, we have removed it but css still broken

- groupjive 2.5.3 breaks the template on profile page when registered, we had to set it only for special group test for now !!

- CB seems to remove the theme css from JA wall we don't' figure why, do you interfere with cookies on the page ?

Try to register on our website with IE9 and you'll see.

Or the cause may be because we use jQuery 1.7.1 on the whole website and your are still at 1.5.2

Is there any way to use the updated jQuery library on CB ? I mean as a regular use and not a hack

All problems are unrelated to bootstrap as default template gives the same result.

All problems are RELATED to CB as we have no problems with ALL the other components !

We need your help on this even if we have to pay for it

Let us know
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by activha.

• activha
  • activha
12 years 1 week ago #212320 by activha
Well we worked hard with joomlart on this one and the result is :

IE 9 is limited to 32 css files !
So as CB uploads a lot of css files more the result was that IE9 crashed !

This is unrelated to groupjive or progress plugins but related to the number of css CB loads if several plugins are activated at the same time

I had to use a css combine plugin from extensions joomla to solve the thing

So now, in order to include CB in the run, could you tell me :
- if I can remove jquery 1.5.2 and replace it by jquery 1.7.1 native in the template
- if I can combine CB jquery files and minify them
- if I can combine CB css files and minify them ?

thanks
hope this one will help some day ;-)

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #212327 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: registration and profile error

IE 9 is limited to 32 css files !

You shouldn't have this many. Your Joomla template alone is loading in 17 individual CSS files. CB and all its plugins are only loading in a total of 10, which is in part due to CB Connect which is loading in 5 (this is reduced to 1 in next release).

- if I can remove jquery 1.5.2 and replace it by jquery 1.7.1 native in the template

No, they are not backwards compatible and it will break CBs jQuery usage which is loaded in its own non conflicting namespace.

- if I can combine CB jquery files and minify them

No, CB already loads in minified versions if debug mode is off. Combining them will result in API unable to find them and load them causing the jQuery usage to fail.

- if I can combine CB css files and minify them ?

You'll probably have several image pathing issues to address (background images, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by krileon.

• activha
  • activha
12 years 1 week ago #212334 by activha
CB is loading 23 css files when an user is registered !! which is crazy !

This is normal that the template loads such 17 files as it adapts to all displays

There should be a way to compress all Cb css files or at least all CB plugins css files.

CB is a component , not the main template, it should not load so many css files

Moderators: beatnantkrileon