Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bootstrap/Content module CSS changes

• YeeP
  • YeeP
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #212200 by YeeP
So I am modifying the template.css in the bootstrap template to match my Joomla! template. No big deal there. What I have done is changed a couple of colors and functions nothing major. Here is the bulk of what effects what I am doing.

Approximately row 33:
Code:
.cb_template_bootstrap a, #myCon a, #overDiv a { /*color: #0088cc !important; RDH changed to match template*/ color: #60676f !important; text-decoration: none !important; } .cb_template_bootstrap a:hover, #myCon a:hover, #overDiv a:hover { /*color: #005580 !important; RDH changed to match template*/ color: #75a700 !important; background-color: transparent !important; /*text-decoration: underline !important; RDH */ } .cb_template_bootstrap a:active, #myCon a:active, #overDiv a:active { background-color: transparent !important; color: #FFFFFF !important; /*RDH Added to keep active font white*/ } .cb_template_bootstrap a:focus, #myCon a:focus, #overDiv a:focus { /*outline: thin dotted #333 !important; RDH*/ outline: 5px auto -webkit-focus-ring-color !important; /*outline-offset: -2px !important; RDH*/ background-color: transparent !important; }

Starting around row 1269 (will be off because I have added lines)
Code:
.tab-pane > .tab-row > .tab > a { display: block !important; margin: 8px 12px 8px 12px !important; line-height: 14px !important; /*font: 13px arial, helvetica, sans-serif !important; RDH change to adapt to template font style */ font-family: 'OxygenRegular', helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: medium !important; } .tab-pane > .tab-row > .tab a:hover { text-decoration: none !important; } .tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected, .tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected:hover { cursor: default !important; /*background-color: #ffffff !important; RDH chaning to match template*/ background-image: url(images/overlays/mosaic-overlay-cbtab.png); background-color: #75a700 !important; /*border: 1px solid #ddd !important; RDH chaning to match template*/ border: 1.5px solid #6c9a00 !important; border-bottom-color: transparent !important; } .tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected a, .tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected a:hover { /*color: #555555 !important; RDH changing to match template*/ color: #FFFFFF !important; background-color: transparent !important; text-shadow: 0 0 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7); /*RDH Added to match "title1" module class suffix font shadowing */ }

If you are more of a visual person, here is what it is supposed to look like, this is in the Profile Viewer. The active tab should have white font, a gradient green background, a font shadow and a green similar to the selected tab when hovering over another tab name. The "non-selected" tab names have a greyish font.

Looks good.

Now, if you go into the manage connections, you get this:

What is happening here, is somehow the code is not recognizing the selected tab as far as the font color is concerned, and it is grey like the "non-selected" font. It recognizes the tab as selected as far as the background color...??

EDIT: Take a look at that "Manage" word. After some reviewing of the code, I can say that it is kind of adhering to this code, the font does have a shadow, it is just the wrong color.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by YeeP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YeeP
  • YeeP
12 years 1 week ago #212308 by YeeP
Replied by YeeP on topic Re: Bootstrap/Content module CSS changes
Any help from the CB crew would be much appreciated.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Bootstrap/Content module CSS changes
Inspect the CSS and see what's overriding the color. Since your shadow is applying then that block of code is working, but something further down is overriding the color. Use Firebug for Firefox or F12 in Chrome then right click and inspect the text to review the CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• YeeP
  • YeeP
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #212363 by YeeP
Yes, I have done this, that is how I found what I did. The css file is being overwritten by the template.css that is in the template itself (Only in the manage connections screen). The problem is, this is not the case when just viewing the profile.

EDIT: The modification of the template.css in the bootstrap template, specifically:
Code:
.tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected a, .tab-pane > .tab-row > .selected a:hover {
"color"

does not seem to have the same effect on the Manage Connections screen, as it does in the view profile screen.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by YeeP.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212376 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Bootstrap/Content module CSS changes
Connections Manager page has its own custom styling, because it's actually independent of the rest of CB as it's a partial part of core and part of CB Connections plugin. The CSS after inspection should show you what line the color is being change then simply remove it or change it there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• YeeP
  • YeeP
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #212388 by YeeP
Maybe I am not doing a good job of describing where the code is that is making the change. The color assigned to the text, that is being applied, comes directly from the templates\bootstrap\template.css. If I comment that out in firebug, it goes back to the #FFFFFF color, which I would think it should.

Edit: If I do comment that out, it will have a negative effect on the profile tabs, which is where I do want that color assigned. These two tab setups look as though they are meant to use this "selected", "hover" and so on assignment by the template.css. One of them is working properly, the other is not.

The templates\bootstrap\template.css has the
.cb_template_bootstrap a, overwriting the .cb_template_bootstrap a:active,
ONLY when viewing the manage connections. I see that the connections plugin does have it's own folder in the com_comprofiler folder, but there is no css in there.

I guess at this point I need to go through the php file and look for a class assignment. I do see one to "getConnectionTab". Trying to track that down.
If you would be so kind as to take a look, I think you will quickly see what I am talking about. I can create a login for you as the site is locked down.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by YeeP.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon