Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple blog tabs

9 years 5 months ago #263687 by matthewdavey
Multiple blog tabs was created by matthewdavey
Is it possible to have Multiple blog tabs eg; one for internal one for k2 and one for joomla and have privacy control over each blog preferably or privacy over each tab?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 5 months ago #263703 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Multiple blog tabs

matthewdavey wrote: Is it possible to have Multiple blog tabs eg; one for internal one for k2 and one for joomla and have privacy control over each blog preferably or privacy over each tab?
Thanks

Nope. Only one tab per plugin (unless plugin specifically supports more).

9 years 5 months ago #263715 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Manipulate blog tabs
Is it possible to make a internal blog menu/dropdown menu displaying blog categories called eg; site blogs and allow people to see the sites internal blogs by a category dropdown menu like you can do with k2 and joomla or do you have to visit a profile to see someones internal blog? or can you have a latest blog modual?

I don't want blogs to interact directly or be part of joomla or k2 categorys/articles or listings I want blogs to be like a latest comment system about things in the community.
So it would become another powerful type of system like joomla and k2 category's.
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 5 months ago #263731 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manipulate blog tabs

Is it possible to make a internal blog menu/dropdown menu displaying blog categories called eg; site blogs and allow people to see the sites internal blogs by a category dropdown menu like you can do with k2 and joomla

Nope, but a category and blog view are planned for later releases.

do you have to visit a profile to see someones internal blog?

Yes.

can you have a latest blog modual?

No, not for internal.

like a latest comment system about things in the community.

You can have commenting if you use Joomla, K2, or modify the CB Blogs blog template and add the commenting to it. Often it's some sort of simple tag, but as the template is PHP you can add whatever is needed.

So it would become another powerful type of system like joomla and k2 category's.

That will never happen. Sorry, but I'm not developing an entire content manager into a plugin. Its purpose is to provide simple blogging. Offloading the display functionality to Joomla or K2 lets you have the power of a content manager without any extra work and allows utilizing the dozens of extensions available for each. Internal modal will be improved with category and blog views, but it's never going to be as powerful as an extension designed specifically for that purpose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #300252 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Manipulate blog tabs
You said
Nope, but a category and blog view are planned for later releases.

when are the releases planed? its been 2 years 7 months ago
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Manipulate blog tabs

when are the releases planed? its been 2 years 7 months ago

No idea, it's not a very high priority since Joomla and K2 blog storage handle this very well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon